Dutch Fork 63 Spring Valley 0 — Final

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Dave Pickren
SC HS Football Historian

Re: Dutch Fork 63 Spring Valley 0 — Final

Post by Dave Pickren »

Fortfan2k wrote:No one is really talking about dorman. They always have a solid team. Im going to be real honest. The past 2 state games has been close but for a reason. Ive noticed 2 years straight after DF played FD the week prior, the intwnsity level fell off. Not to take away from boiling springs and dorman, but DF brought it vs FD more than the other teams i mentioned.not sure if the games would have been as close if DF and FD didnt play prior.
Dorman played Gaffney for the upper state last year. Dorman and Gaffney have been rivals for almost 50 years. Fort and Fork have played 3 times or whatever.

I am sure Dorman had the same challenge of preparing after beating one of their top rivals in the upper state. Plus if you can not get up for State then you have no excuses.

The game last year was a 50/50 and honestly, Dorman should have won. The Dorman/ Fort D contest was never a game since Dorman had no answer for Joyner. That game was over well before halftime.

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

Actually we were down 7-0 at the half. We moved the ball but didnt execute. Laprad got into them at the half and the rest was history. Joyner wasn't sharp either. Throwing 2 ints

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

To add to that. Dutch fork didnt play dorman nor boiling springs the way they played fort. Seem the intensity wasn't as high.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

Fortfan2k wrote:To add to that. Dutch fork didnt play dorman nor boiling springs the way they played fort. Seem the intensity wasn't as high.
I agree, Dutch Fork always gets up to play FD. That series has turned into bit of a rivalry. Last year when FD embarrassed DF on their home field those kids wanted nothing more to prove themselves and beat FD. Both schools always bring a good crowd and the game is always fun to watch.

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

Exactly. Winner out of those 2 wins state. Sad part dutch fork won state back to back and didnt bring it like they do vs fort. Could you imagine if they were all the way focused. State games wouldn't been close. Neither team those years wouldn't beat fort either.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

Dave Pickren wrote:
Fortfan2k wrote:No one is really talking about dorman. They always have a solid team. Im going to be real honest. The past 2 state games has been close but for a reason. Ive noticed 2 years straight after DF played FD the week prior, the intwnsity level fell off. Not to take away from boiling springs and dorman, but DF brought it vs FD more than the other teams i mentioned.not sure if the games would have been as close if DF and FD didnt play prior.
Dorman played Gaffney for the upper state last year. Dorman and Gaffney have been rivals for almost 50 years. Fort and Fork have played 3 times or whatever.

I am sure Dorman had the same challenge of preparing after beating one of their top rivals in the upper state. Plus if you can not get up for State then you have no excuses.

The game last year was a 50/50 and honestly, Dorman should have won. The Dorman/ Fort D contest was never a game since Dorman had no answer for Joyner. That game was over well before halftime.
Which should make the matchup all the better this year if they meet. DF is better this year than they were last year and I hear Dorman isn’t too shabby. Gutshall said he felt like if we meet a agin his guys will win so tell the cavaliers to bring it on, we’ll be ready and waiting.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Silverfox92 wrote:
Fortfan2k wrote:To add to that. Dutch fork didnt play dorman nor boiling springs the way they played fort. Seem the intensity wasn't as high.
I agree, Dutch Fork always gets up to play FD. That series has turned into bit of a rivalry. Last year when FD embarrassed DF on their home field those kids wanted nothing more to prove themselves and beat FD. Both schools always bring a good crowd and the game is always fun to watch.
If DF can't get up for 2 big games in a row....they'd struggle in region 2.... :lol:

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

mikey wrote:
Silverfox92 wrote:
If DF can't get up for 2 big games in a row....they'd struggle in region 2.... :lol:
I highly doubt we’d struggle in region 2. We can definitely get up for games just so happens that we brought a little more intensity the FD game than we did against Dorman doesn’t matter regardless, as we won both games.
Last edited by Silverfox92 on Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fortfan2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfan2k »

I highly doubt the foxes would struggle in region 2.

Silverfox92
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by Silverfox92 »

Fortfan2k wrote:I highly doubt the foxes would struggle in region 2.
Exactly :lol: Dutch Fork has alaways been competitive with the likes of Dorman, Byrnes and Gaffney. I wouldn’t even worry about Spartanburg, Hillcrest, Mauldin or Riverside.