Gaffney 28 Greenwood 7 Final

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: Complete Embarrassment by Greenwood tonight

Post by 96fanatic »

I hope the EAGLES get things turned around.
unheard of for a GREENWOOD team to have
minus yards in a game.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

96fanatic wrote:I hope the EAGLES get things turned around.
unheard of for a GREENWOOD team to have
minus yards in a game.
When you call plays that play into the strength of your opponent, that happens. There was space to pass and pass blocking was great. He completely abandoned it. All run option.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

I posted this on another topic, and felt it definitely fits within this topic. Greenwood actually has a pretty good defense. They laid it all on the field. The problem was offense for Greenwood. Way too many mistakes and the play calling just wasn't great. Once we get our coach to believe he can beat these types of teams will be really good I think. Just lacks confidence I believe. I can tell by what is said, "win or lose this is a non-region game" and stuff like "I do believe they were ranked No. 3 in 5A". Stuff like that. No, you lay it on the line every time. That's how you reach the ultimate goal. We have to get back to that.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

Also. In another post, someone mentioned that "this is not your father's or grandfather's Greenwood team". That struck a cord with me and it really should light a fire under the Greenwood coaches. At least I wish. We've never played second fiddle to teams. Best has always been the standard, not just accepting a winning season.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

eagle93 wrote:I posted this on another topic, and felt it definitely fits within this topic. Greenwood actually has a pretty good defense. They laid it all on the field. The problem was offense for Greenwood. Way too many mistakes and the play calling just wasn't great. Once we get our coach to believe he can beat these types of teams will be really good I think. Just lacks confidence I believe. I can tell by what is said, "win or lose this is a non-region game" and stuff like "I do believe they were ranked No. 3 in 5A". Stuff like that. No, you lay it on the line every time. That's how you reach the ultimate goal. We have to get back to that.
I read Pippin's responses in the index journal. "We lost 5000 yards of offense" (due to graduation) "We have 8 new starters on offense". "They're ranked 3rd in the state".

My response.......EXCUSES!
What Pippin said was definitely true but excuses none the less. And as soon as we stop making them is as soon as we'll start winning.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

EmeraldCityEagle98 wrote:
eagle93 wrote:I posted this on another topic, and felt it definitely fits within this topic. Greenwood actually has a pretty good defense. They laid it all on the field. The problem was offense for Greenwood. Way too many mistakes and the play calling just wasn't great. Once we get our coach to believe he can beat these types of teams will be really good I think. Just lacks confidence I believe. I can tell by what is said, "win or lose this is a non-region game" and stuff like "I do believe they were ranked No. 3 in 5A". Stuff like that. No, you lay it on the line every time. That's how you reach the ultimate goal. We have to get back to that.
I read Pippin's responses in the index journal. "We lost 5000 yards of offense" (due to graduation) "We have 8 new starters on offense". "They're ranked 3rd in the state".

My response.......EXCUSES!
What Pippin said was definitely true but excuses none the less. And as soon as we stop making them is as soon as we'll start winning.
My point exactly and I've actually been talking to him about that. Can't be successful if you don't believe first. That's the issue. Heck with the excuses. There are none.