SCHSL 5A Projection after Week 10-UPDATED

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

SCHSL 5A Projection after Week 10-UPDATED

Post by SCPrepTalk »

*This is not OFFICIAL, OFFICIAL Brackets will be released Saturday, November 3rd by the SCHSL*
SCPrepTalk 5A Projection
BLACK - Locked In
RED- Projection

Let me know if I got anything wrong or out of place.....

*These projections are with outcomes according to DOODLES ratings.

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Re: SCHSL 5A Projection after Week 10-UPDATED

Post by SCPrepTalk »

Upper State at-large and Lower state at large have not been chosen yet.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

So much for a cupcake the first round. Hillcrest is more than capable of beating Sumter. We are on upset alert for sure.

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

bbrown1240 wrote:So much for a cupcake the first round. Hillcrest is more than capable of beating Sumter. We are on upset alert for sure.
Keep in mind that I have yet to see or hear anything "OFFICIAL" as to which team will get the Upstate at-large bid.
Hilllcrest has listed a game at Sumter on November 9th on MaxPreps. MaxPreps is not official.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/hi ... hedule.htm

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

SCPrepTalk wrote:
bbrown1240 wrote:So much for a cupcake the first round. Hillcrest is more than capable of beating Sumter. We are on upset alert for sure.
Keep in mind that I have yet to see or hear anything "OFFICIAL" as to which team will get the Upstate at-large bid.
Hilllcrest has listed a game at Sumter on November 9th on MaxPreps. MaxPreps is not official.
Oh I’m aware...I have sources that are saying it will be Hillcrest, but I also have sources that say it will be Spring Valley. None of those teams we would be happy to face in the first round.

wave 80
Summerville Green Wave

Post by wave 80 »

bbrown1240 wrote:
SCPrepTalk wrote:
Oh I’m aware...I have sources that are saying it will be Hillcrest, but I also have sources that say it will be Spring Valley. None of those teams we would be happy to face in the first round.
On the TV telecast of the Ashley Ridge game last night they stated that teams that don't qualify based on placement in the conference would then have to submit a request for an at large berth to the schsl. And then the schsl will decide the at large based on requests received. So some teams might not want to travel and just opt to start basketball season.
GO WAVE

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

wave 80 wrote: On the TV telecast of the Ashley Ridge game last night they stated that teams that don't qualify based on placement in the conference would then have to submit a request for an at large berth to the schsl. And then the schsl will decide the at large based on requests received. So some teams might not want to travel and just opt to start basketball season.
This is correct from what I have been told.

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

I am being told that the Upstate at-large has not been chosen.
Committee will be making the selection either late tonight or early Saturday morning.

I am also being told that the Upper State at-large will only be chosen between teams from Region 1-4.
The Lower State at-large will be chosen between teams from Region 5-8.

Good Luck everybody.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

bbrown1240 wrote:
SCPrepTalk wrote:
Of the two you list, Hillcrest is definitely not an easy out. Injuries to very key players made a huge difference in their season. Had it not been for losing the QB and then the back up QB in the same week, who knows where they could have ended up. I would still say Sumter at home would be a 10 to 12.5 point favorite.

They have a good balanced offense and if you can't stop a running back from the WILDCAT or WILDRAM, you will get plenty of opportunities.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--