Dutch Fork Running Backs Ron Hoff & Jon Hall

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Dutch Fork Running Backs Ron Hoff & Jon Hall

Post by TheSilverFox »

Class of 2020 Running Backs Ron Hoff and Jon Hall are off to hot starts in just three games with combined 560 yards. Ron starts and take a lot of first half handoffs but Jon is just as talented and could start on just about every other team in the state. Ron was on the Maxpreps AA Freshman team but got injured last year and missed six games. He came back and had an outstanding game in the state championship game with 188 yards and two touchdowns. He’s back on track to have a great year. Jon Hall is also on track to have a great year. He will be big time by playoffs and on the next season.

But for the time being here’s a highlight of how good Ron Hoff is. Reminds me of Nick Chubb :arrow:

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: Dutch Fork Running Backs Ron Hoff & Jon Hall

Post by TheSilverFox »

Update: Highlights of Hall :arrow:

You can clearly see how talented and special these two are. They really remind me of Nick Chubb and Sony Michel from UGA last year.

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

Jon Hall continues to get slept on smh. This past Friday he only rushed the ball 4 times but had 185 yards and 2 TDs. Kid will be a beast next year. Ron Hoff had a big game as well.
Last edited by TheSilverFox on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

Hall gets slept on because Hoff gets the majority of the 1st team carries. Plus their both juniors. Don’t get me wrong they are both really good, but I wish Jon got more carries when the game really matters. The same with Underwood the backup QB. Graeson and Jon could start on most teams in the state. In a way I hate it for both of them that they are backups that you could argue are just as good as their counterparts.

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

bbrown1240 wrote:Hall gets slept on because Hoff gets the majority of the 1st team carries. Plus their both juniors. Don’t get me wrong they are both really good, but I wish Jon got more carries when the game really matters. The same with Underwood the backup QB. Graeson and Jon could start on most teams in the state. In a way I hate it for both of them that they are backups that you could argue are just as good as their counterparts.
I agree Jon doesn’t get starter reps because Ron has been a starter since his freshman year. Jon has grown a lot this past summer putting on muscle and working on his craft. He had an opportunity to start last year when Ron got hurt but didn’t provide the spark coach wanted so we with with Thompson instead. I spoke with coach and he said he foresees a 1-2 punch going forward and next year. Jon is far too good to be a second stringer with little reps.

As for Graeson, he’s a little more of a runner but has good accuracy and precision with some of his passes. Ty is just too good to displace at the moment. He’s already near 2000 yards passing with over 15 TDs. Graeson will likely get more reps as region play goes along and into the playoffs.