Union County vs Chester

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Re: Union County vs Chester

Post by Chuckster »

FootballFan4343 wrote:
UC Jackets wrote:
Chuckster wrote:This should be one of the BEST games to see across the state. Chester has come a long way in the last 2 years due to their Head Coach. Both schools have a great history from years ago. It is great to see both where they are. With all due respect, Union County should be a 4A school in Region 3 4A NOT a 3A school. Your thoughts on this?
First I do appreciate you asking my thoughts instead of just coming out and saying how terrible we are for being in 3A and how we do not deserve to be playing for a chance to go to state, which most people do. Here are my thoughts on it, as SF Band Dad has said we are really not much bigger than other 3A schools around the state. Secondly what most people do not understand is that there are much more factors the SCHSL looks at when choosing classifications. It is not just overall student numbers. With those factored in we are in my opinion where we are supposed to be. I am extremely proud of how are kids and coaching staff have responded all year. Picked to finish 3rd in the region and end up winning the whole thing was epic, and now playing for a chance to go back to Willy B, this group have been the underdogs through out the year, no one thought we would be where we are today, however now that we are there people want to complain about what class we are in which I do not agree with. If it was that big of a deal I feel that those same people should have picked us to go this far from the start. With that being said I hope that situation does not take away any luster from Friday nights game which I think is going to be a good one.
Your points are well taken and its unfortunate the circumstances that will follow UC if they win state. If they win state, then MANY folks around the state will say there should be an asterisk next to it due to their enrollment. I hate that for the young men who play the game, because all they are doing is playing the opponent that is put in front of them.
On the note about ONLY 368 students bigger, I still think that is significant. While it is nowhere near the amount when it comes to 5A, I can assure you that the school with 368 more students has a BETTER chance of being a BETTER team than the smaller school. Now, everyone can argue coaching, facilities, money, etc, etc and YES those do play a big role, but the numbers matter too.
I think we can all agree that if everything else is equal, then the school with 368 students is likely to have the chance at being a better football team.
At the end of the day, there is no perfect scenario.

#1cyclonefan
Chester Cyclones

Post by #1cyclonefan »

Chester wins 21 to 14! Great game between two good teams! Way to go Cyclones!

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

4th and 14 play for Union County.....almost....
Steven Bowers | @bowerss11 | twitter
:arrow: https://twitter.com/bowerss11/status/10 ... 7327446016

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

SCPrepTalk wrote:4th and 14 play for Union County.....almost....
Steven Bowers | @bowerss11 | twitter
:arrow: https://twitter.com/bowerss11/status/10 ... 7327446016
GREAT DEFENSIVE GAME...CHESTER ONLY BROKE A COUPLE OF LONG RUNS...QB IS YOUNG AND WILL ONLY GET BETTER.
HATS OFF TO UNIONS DEFENSE...STOPPED CHESTER TWICE OFF OF TURNOVERS IN FIRST QUARTER IN UNION TERRITORY.
AND....1 OF THE MOST UNBELIEVABLY OFFICIATED GAMES EVER...NO HOLDING OR FALSE STARTS THE WHOLE GAME!!! :shock: