Discussion For Greenwood Folks

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Discussion For Greenwood Folks

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

SF Band dad wrote:
northside knight wrote:
StateChampsGHS wrote:For one, Greenwood need to pass first to set up the run since Rhett isn't a dual threat quarterback.

Second, the Greenwood teams in the past didn't back down to no one in any classification.

Please stop using classification as an excuss Northside Knight.

I'm not using it as an excuse! I'm just saying it's harder to win because we don't belong in 5a based off NUMBERS not Talent. Greenwood's starting 11 can rumble with the best of them but when injuries start to happen depth becomes an issue for smaller schools. Abbeville is about as talented as they come but put them in the 5a playoffs and I'd be surprised if they make out of the first round just due to the difference in number of kids.
You are correct, size does matter. The current 5A class is too broad.

No No No sir. If you have good players you have good players. Class doesn't matter at all. If Abbeville was in Greenwood's region they'd win it. Abbeville is 2A. They have good players and the coaches expect high level of performance. Wando I believe have the most students in the state. Why haven't they won in football if size matters so much? If what you're saying is true then Wando should dominate every year.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

EmeraldCityEagle98 wrote:
SF Band dad wrote:
northside knight wrote:
StateChampsGHS wrote:For one, Greenwood need to pass first to set up the run since Rhett isn't a dual threat quarterback.

Second, the Greenwood teams in the past didn't back down to no one in any classification.

I'm not using it as an excuse! I'm just saying it's harder to win because we don't belong in 5a based off NUMBERS not Talent. Greenwood's starting 11 can rumble with the best of them but when injuries start to happen depth becomes an issue for smaller schools. Abbeville is about as talented as they come but put them in the 5a playoffs and I'd be surprised if they make out of the first round just due to the difference in number of kids.

No No No sir. If you have good players you have good players. Class doesn't matter at all. If Abbeville was in Greenwood's region they'd win it. Abbeville is 2A. They have good players and the coaches expect high level of performance. Wando I believe have the most students in the state. Why haven't they won in football if size matters so much? If what you're saying is true then Wando should dominate every year.
Great point EmeraldCityEagle98!!!
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

EmeraldCityEagle98 wrote:
SF Band dad wrote:
northside knight wrote:

Very solid point. Yet, they never really compete.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Greenwood at Easley 7:30pm

Post by StateChampsGHS »

racincowboy02 wrote:I don't think you would be talking about titles you have won up and to this point. Im not saying that Greenwood doesn't have talent but the kids today are different than they were a couple of years ago. To me the kids of today are soft and if a coach was to be rough on them they would quit and run to tell momma and daddy
For Greenwood, it's coaching and not the kids. The coaches have went soft as charmin.
Last edited by StateChampsGHS on Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

eagle93 wrote:
EHSMeanGreen wrote:Go Green Wave!! :mrgreen:

Anybody coming to the game this week? :?:
I'll be there. Maybe your waverider buddy who hates Greenwood is correct. I hate to say that, but we aren't the Greenwood of the recent past. We've fallen to middle of the pack. Most of us don't like being in the middle. See you Friday.
I'll be at the game too. Greenwood will struggle offensively again this week. Pippin need to prove me wrong.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

StateChampsGHS wrote:
racincowboy02 wrote:I don't think you would be talking about titles you have won up and to this point. Im not saying that Greenwood doesn't have talent but the kids today are different than they were a couple of years ago. To me the kids of today are soft and if a coach was to be rough on them they would quit and run to tell momma and daddy
For Greenwood, it's coaching and not the kids. The coaches have went soft as charman.
That's rough dude. :lol:

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I gotcha and please don't think i am downgrading the kids or the team it just is a shocker that Greenwood is not where they usually are. I am not trying to be a jerk about anything just curious is all

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

racincowboy02 wrote:I gotcha and please don't think i am downgrading the kids or the team it just is a shocker that Greenwood is not where they usually are. I am not trying to be a jerk about anything just curious is all
Greenwood, SC definitely doesn't lack talent. They're all over, lots of them just particularly don't like the coach. They are playing on alternative school teams like the Raptors or going to Emerald. Unfortunately Emerald's coach is worse, but that Raptors team in undefeated.

Some are saying that it's this generation of kids, but I call bs on that. What about the schools that are still at the top? Their kids come from the same generation. You have to be able to connect to them.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

eagle93 wrote:
racincowboy02 wrote:I gotcha and please don't think i am downgrading the kids or the team it just is a shocker that Greenwood is not where they usually are. I am not trying to be a jerk about anything just curious is all
Greenwood, SC definitely doesn't lack talent. They're all over, lots of them just particularly don't like the coach. They are playing on alternative school teams like the Raptors or going to Emerald. Unfortunately Emerald's coach is worse, but that Raptors team in undefeated.

Some are saying that it's this generation of kids, but I call bs on that. What about the schools that are still at the top? Their kids come from the same generation. You have to be able to connect to them.
According MaxPreps
Greenwoood Raptors are 3-0
They have beaten Ware Shoals (0-7), NC Stars (0-4), and North Georgia (0-7).
http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/sche ... 351e898f63

The teams they have played are combined 0-18.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
eagle93 wrote:

According MaxPreps
Greenwoood Raptors are 3-0
They have beaten Ware Shoals (0-7), NC Stars (0-4), and North Georgia (0-7).
http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/sche ... 351e898f63

The teams they have played are combined 0-18.
I'll give you that, but that doesn't change the fact that some of our biggest talent has left for Emerald or the Raptors program. They should be right at home at Greenwood High School. Kids like Nick and Dre left to go to Emerald. Lots of very talented kids are walking the halls electing not to play because they don't like the current regime.