Weather - Games moved to Thursday....

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Re: Weather - Games moved to Thursday....

Post by racincowboy02 »

I agree with everything yall are saying moving games for a the hurricanes that we are prone to get i can agree with make sure everybody is safe and we will worry about football another day. Everybody says that the gate will be impacted and it will hurt if they play in the rain and yea that is some what true but your fair weather fans aren't there to cheer on the team anyway so what does it matter if they are there or not.

mystikul
Central Eagles

Post by mystikul »

Got our game out the way. It sprinkled through out the second half. Rain all back home. Landrum has a got a nice stadium.

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

racincowboy02 wrote:I agree with everything yall are saying moving games for a the hurricanes that we are prone to get i can agree with make sure everybody is safe and we will worry about football another day. Everybody says that the gate will be impacted and it will hurt if they play in the rain and yea that is some what true but your fair weather fans aren't there to cheer on the team anyway so what does it matter if they are there or not.
Very true statement, "Fair Weather" fans probably aren't there to cheer, however THEY are normally the difference in a school making money or not for each game. The expenses to run a high school football game and program are nearly double what they were just 10 years ago. Add in the fact that many school districts are actually putting less into athletics than 10 years ago and you can see why the gate makes all the difference for entire athletic programs. Most teams would prefer Friday night games, but too many, playing in good conditions on Thursday vs rain on Friday is the lesser of the two evils when it comes to "Gate".

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

Wow. Just saw Byrnes-Westside has been moved to tomorrow. So, I quickly checked the forecast thinking a monsoon was coming. But, nope totally clear from now till the rest of the day. Can any Byrnes fans share any additional information that would warrant this move? If it is strictly for a "wet field", then we have REALLY hit rock bottom. How unfair is that to the players, fans, etc. Plus, keep in mind the winner of that game will only have 5 days to prepare for their 2nd round opponent. I just don't get it folks. There is NO RAIN IN THE FORECAST! None, NOT A DROP! Look at the radar! https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USSC0093:1:US

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

FootballFan4343 wrote:Wow. Just saw Byrnes-Westside has been moved to tomorrow. So, I quickly checked the forecast thinking a monsoon was coming. But, nope totally clear from now till the rest of the day. Can any Byrnes fans share any additional information that would warrant this move? If it is strictly for a "wet field", then we have REALLY hit rock bottom. How unfair is that to the players, fans, etc. Plus, keep in mind the winner of that game will only have 5 days to prepare for their 2nd round opponent. I just don't get it folks. There is NO RAIN IN THE FORECAST! None, NOT A DROP! Look at the radar! https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USSC0093:1:US

Not sure why it was moved. Our field doesn’t drain well, played one night where the ball floated away from the center. Refs let the hold the ball in the air after that. I know we wanted to play last night but Westside’s coach said no and being the playoffs, both teams must agree to move or it stays on Friday night. SCHSL runs the playoffs and makes the rules. That’s why my old man pass is no good for these games. I have to pay. :oops:

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
FootballFan4343 wrote:Wow. Just saw Byrnes-Westside has been moved to tomorrow. So, I quickly checked the forecast thinking a monsoon was coming. But, nope totally clear from now till the rest of the day. Can any Byrnes fans share any additional information that would warrant this move? If it is strictly for a "wet field", then we have REALLY hit rock bottom. How unfair is that to the players, fans, etc. Plus, keep in mind the winner of that game will only have 5 days to prepare for their 2nd round opponent. I just don't get it folks. There is NO RAIN IN THE FORECAST! None, NOT A DROP! Look at the radar! https://weather.com/weather/today/l/USSC0093:1:US

Not sure why it was moved. Our field doesn’t drain well, played one night where the ball floated away from the center. Refs let the hold the ball in the air after that. I know we wanted to play last night but Westside’s coach said no and being the playoffs, both teams must agree to move or it stays on Friday night. SCHSL runs the playoffs and makes the rules. That’s why my old man pass is no good for these games. I have to pay. :oops:
Try your VA ID....they might go for it this weekend... :idea: :)