Audio if Resignation Interview W/ SP HC Strait Herron

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Re: Audio if Resignation Interview W/ SP HC Strait Herron

Post by Newcatntown »

Chuckster wrote:Once Catawba Ridge comes on line, Fort Mill, Nation Ford and Catawba Ridge are toast!!!! Newcatntown, have you seen the way they have drawn those new district lines?
No...but probably not good the way you sound!!! :o :lol:

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

I know the old lines...what are they carving out for Cawtaba?

purpleandorange
Northwestern Trojans

Post by purpleandorange »

There is a new charter school opening in Rock Hill in August 2019 along the same lines as Oceanside and Grays. That's the predicted landing spot.

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

Could be; however, it is my understanding that the 3 school districts (Rock Hill, Clover and York), have all agreed not to rent any facilities to Legion........The City of Rock Hill just turned down Legions primary location selection that was in the city limits. I can tell you point blank the City of Rock Hill will not approve any rezoning or land use plan for Legion in the city limits. The city needs Rock Hill Schools support with Tax Increment Districts ..... I did hear that Legion has a second site in the county.....I would think the key to attracting a head coach would be facilities.....Your thoughts?.....

purpleandorange
Northwestern Trojans

Post by purpleandorange »

Chuckster wrote:Could be; however, it is my understanding that the 3 school districts (Rock Hill, Clover and York), have all agreed not to rent any facilities to Legion........The City of Rock Hill just turned down Legions primary location selection that was in the city limits. I can tell you point blank the City of Rock Hill will not approve any rezoning or land use plan for Legion in the city limits. The city needs Rock Hill Schools support with Tax Increment Districts ..... I did hear that Legion has a second site in the county.....I would think the key to attracting a head coach would be facilities.....Your thoughts?.....
I think everything you stated is correct but I also understand that Legion expected there to be obstacles. The company driving this project also started Oceanside and Grays Charter schools so they have experience behind them. I don't think instant facilities will deter a coach as long as he knows what is coming in the near future. Not having good facilities may keep them from poaching current top talent in the area but every high school has players standing on the sidelines that believe they should be starters so you can expect depth to take some sort of hit. If Herron does take that job he will have a very credible sales pitch.