Dorman @ TL Hanna

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: Dorman @ TL Hanna

Post by TheSilverFox »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:seriously... this is a Hanna/Dorman thread. Gaffney/Byrnes has a million other threads that were started by gaffney and Byrnes fans. Can we stick to the topic please?
Exactly! IMO this will be the biggest game in the state Friday and I’m sticking to it... if I wanted to talk about Gaffney and Byrnes I would have started a thread :roll:.

What’s your thoughts Gwood Eagle? Your squad has faced both teams. Who do you think will have the upper hand?

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

TheSilverFox wrote:
GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:seriously... this is a Hanna/Dorman thread. Gaffney/Byrnes has a million other threads that were started by gaffney and Byrnes fans. Can we stick to the topic please?
Exactly! IMO this will be the biggest game in the state Friday and I’m sticking to it... if I wanted to talk about Gaffney and Byrnes I would have started a thread :roll:.

What’s your thoughts Gwood Eagle? Your squad has faced both teams. Who do you think will have the upper hand?

TL Hanna: Ya'll better ask someone lol. For the remaining teams that haven't played them in their new style offense with the new coach they had BETTER take them serious and do FILM study. Hanna is fast on defense, solid special teams, and an offense that can score in a hurry. You'd think they'd be more of a clock grinding team but they burst off 50 and 60 yard runs in 2 or 3 plays and score lol. You HAVE to be able to stop the run to beat them.

Dorman: Just solid all around year in and year out. They would have the size advantage. Hanna is big but dorman has some monsters from line to line. They have a size advantage at WR vs Hanna's DBs. They have two great running backs. They don't make mistakes too much. Very disciplined group.

Overall: This is about as even of a matchup you can get. I think the scoring range will be in the high 20's for both teams. Im going to pick TL Hanna because they're at home and I have a gut feeling this is their year to at least get to the title game. Hanna is my pick but I'll be cheering for Dorman because they have some very classy fans. At least the ones I've met in person.

TheSilverFox
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by TheSilverFox »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:
TheSilverFox wrote:

TL Hanna: Ya'll better ask someone lol. For the remaining teams that haven't played them in their new style offense with the new coach they had BETTER take them serious and do FILM study. Hanna is fast on defense, solid special teams, and an offense that can score in a hurry. You'd think they'd be more of a clock grinding team but they burst off 50 and 60 yard runs in 2 or 3 plays and score lol. You HAVE to be able to stop the run to beat them.

Dorman: Just solid all around year in and year out. They would have the size advantage. Hanna is big but dorman has some monsters from line to line. They have a size advantage at WR vs Hanna's DBs. They have two great running backs. They don't make mistakes too much. Very disciplined group.

Overall: This is about as even of a matchup you can get. I think the scoring range will be in the high 20's for both teams. Im going to pick TL Hanna because they're at home and I have a gut feeling this is their year to at least get to the title game. Hanna is my pick but I'll be cheering for Dorman because they have some very classy fans. At least the ones I've met in person.
Ok thanks for the run down and prediction. The Wing T is certainly hard to prepare for because you never know who will receive the ball out of the back field. Their QB is pretty fast and I also heard the 5 star DE takes quite a few handoffs and is pretty hard to bring down. I’ve seen Dorman but haven’t seen them so I don’t know what to expect. I’ll be in Florence but I’m pretty sure that will be a very good game.

EmeraldCityEagle98
Greenwood Eagles

Post by EmeraldCityEagle98 »

I wasn't all that impressed with TLH. Greenwood held them to 29 points with the last 7 scored during garbage time. I think Dorman wins by 3 tds.

Dorman#1
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by Dorman#1 »

I’m gonna take Dorman in a 29-28 victory Friday!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

TheSilverFox wrote:

Then why did u start talking about them..? I just disagreed with it being the best game in
The state...nothing more...

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

mikey wrote:
TheSilverFox wrote:

Then why did u start talking about them..? I just disagreed with it being the best game in
The state...nothing more...
Right...... because it was me who first mentioned the two teams that have nothing to do with Hanna/Dorman in a Hanna/dorman thread :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

northside knight
Greenwood Eagles

Post by northside knight »

TLH is good but they haven't faced a team on the level of a Dorman yet. Personally I hope Dorman takes them to the woodshed. I can't stand Hanna. DHS 49 TLH 17.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

No doubt...but I think Byrnes takes care of business :mrgreen:. TL Hanna has been rolling over teams. Should be a great matchup. I have Hanna making it to Columbia representing the upper state.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Hannah is ranked 7 in the south east USA today dutch fork #5.
I'm pulling for Dorman but believe hannah may win.