Coach from Havelock in NC getting SC job.

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Coach from Havelock in NC getting SC job.

Post by DeCav »

Sounds like an NC coach is Dorman's for the taking if Gutshall is ever not our coach or a great coach. I remember when some were calling for his job then he takes us to State last year.

Personally, I'm down for mixing of the gene pools. Incidentally, it is not uncommonly known that Gutshall was also an NC transplant.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Yea Gurshall was and look at what he has done for the Dorman program. You know it will be a sad day when he decides to hang up his whistle and clipboard.

btango
No Team Affiliation

Post by btango »

Three state champion coaches from last year were former NC coaches.

Tom Knotts 5A.
Vic Floyd 3A.
Donnie Kieffer 1A.

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Didn't know Floyd was from NC. Knew he went to Georgia, then came back to Chester. Solid coach. Wouldn't be surprised to see him being the next coach at South Pointe, or York. Kind of figured South Pointe was a done deal before the fact with McManus, but the longer this drags out makes me think that circumstances may have changed at SP.

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

Deputy......you are always on top of it.....South Pointe has a first year Principal and first year AD. The AD came from a middle school in the District which was a surprise.......The new principal is not a favorite among the teachers.......Victor Floyd would be an awesome hire!!!!! With that said, Coach Floyd is a now a legend in Chester.......His QB is just a Freshman........

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I know Coach Hill at Chester has done great things there especially winning the state title this year and seems to me somebody asked him recently about leaving Chester and if I recall correctly he said he wasn't interested in leaving cause he had a son that is either coming up from middle school or 9th grade and he wants to coach him at Chester

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

Floyd would be a great hire for SP and heard he was offered but is staying in Chester (with a raise)

Not sure how credible but heard the coach from Ridgeview will be SP's new coach. Should be interesting

btango
No Team Affiliation

Post by btango »

Deputy wrote:Didn't know Floyd was from NC. Knew he went to Georgia, then came back to Chester. Solid coach.
He was a head coach three at Greensboro Dudley. Had not been a strong program but he got it on the right track led them to a one point loss in the 2002 3AA title game. Program has been strong since then and it changed with him at the helm.

Fan4awhile
No Team Affiliation

Post by Fan4awhile »

almost positive it isnt RV coach

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Victor Floyd fired as Brunswick football coach
    https://thebrunswicknews.com/sports/loc ... 7ceee.html
    Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions