Coach from Havelock in NC getting SC job.

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
dacoach
No Team Affiliation

Re: Coach from Havelock in NC getting SC job.

Post by dacoach »

Um... I'm confused. This article was from back in 2014 or so right?

:?:

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Did you read the previous posts pertaining to Victor Floyd’s resume. Brunswick High Georgia was confused too.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

#1cyclonefan
Chester Cyclones

Post by #1cyclonefan »

I think the wildcats may have been confused also? :D

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

As it relates to the Ridge View HC coming to SP, that would be a big surprise AND a big disappointment. The relationship between RV & SP is not good at all.....I will tell you that there is very little respect among Rock Hill / York County area coaches for the RV Head Coach. With that said, SP has a whole new administration (new principal and new AD). I guess anything is possible......

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Chuckster......explain a little. Haven't heard the angle of the Rock Hill/York folks having little respect for the coach from RV. Any particular incident that started those feelings?

I did notice that as this rumor made the rounds the end of last week that Parks actually tweeted about it. Acknowledging the talk and saying that his total focus was RV football, etc. He never said he wouldn't consider, so not a total denial. Almost felt like he enjoyed the talk, whether true or not, and promoting it a bit as a little self Pat on the back

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

#1cyclonefan wrote:I think the wildcats may have been confused also? :D
    Maybe for a while....
      There have been other programs in the past with the same misconceptions too. Congratulations on the victory, sounds as if Brunswick Georgia didn’t have that luxury.
      Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

#1cyclonefan
      Chester Cyclones

Post by #1cyclonefan »

I think that Victor Floyd is a hell of a coach and a even better man. I hope we can keep him around for a while.i think Chester has some talent and Floyd seems to bring out the best in these kids.

Wildstallion2
      South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »

South Pointes Offensive Coordinator Coach Jason McManus, speaking in Alanta Georgia at the Nike Coach of the Year Clinic about the Spread Air-Raid Offence. https://coachtube.com/course/football/m ... king-modal Coach Jason McManus was a college Coach assistant for 13 years before becoming the offensive coordinator at South Pointe High School in South Carolina. Playing in the 4A classification, South Pointe won 4 consecutive state titles, had a 55-5 record including a 26-game win streak, and was ranked #6 in the country by USA Today.

Coach McManus MACATTACK offense scored 711 points in one season and amassed 6,702 yards (3,639 rushing and 3,063 passing). The MacAttack has produced an All-State or All-American QB for 4 consecutive years.

In 2019, Coach McManus was the offensive coordinator for the US Army All American Bowl. With only 5 days to install, the MacAttack offense set a bowl record with 7 touchdown passes and 425 yards of offense
      Last edited by Wildstallion2 on Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deputy
      No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Plenty of videos out there on the air raid offense. I'd start with the Leach and Franklin's of the world who have been running it for years. Guess McManus is a good coach, but lots of OC's would look good with the talent that rolls out over at SP.

Onion Rings
      No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

J Mac is a great offensive coach for sure. He has total command of the moving parts of that offense.

Left out of his bio above is that he was recruited to coach at York Comprehensive high school in 2011 by Bobby Carroll, his first year at York (won 10 games). He left after one season and went back to college, and that is how he became aware and got a good look up close of South Pointe

couple of years later he returns to high school at South Pointe