Coaches From The Past

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Coaches From The Past

Post by racincowboy02 »

With all the talk about NC coaches looking to come to South Carolina for better pay lets talk about some of the coaches from the past

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Coaches From The Past

Post by DeCav »

Lou Fogle

I aim to write a book about him one day. One of the greatest threads on PFT was about Lou Fogle.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

i'll post a link
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

That mustve been before my time. Please post a link so i can read that

Come on Decav I am expecting great things from you on this thread lol

Some coaches that come to my mind are Doc Davis Spartanburg Joe Montgomery Gaffney John Mckissick Summerville Moose Wallace Northwestern

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

coach Pinky Babb and coach Mooney Player.

OLDFART51
Woodruff Wolverines

Post by OLDFART51 »

WL Varner (Woodruff)...The last real coach at Woodruff.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Haha.
Ok. Seriously....what a great blast from the past. I doubt it was before your time. It was just one of those that fired up and burned out quick. No telling how many amazing threads went undected right under my nose. Why am I always waxing nostalgiac? Post a link to your favorite thread ever.

http://forum.palmettofootballtalk.com/v ... f=6&t=3336

Ok, the link is always jarring to read and everytime I have to sherlock holmes the thread to figure out why it seems so disorienting.

For about the third time now I've spent several minutes sluething the thread to come to the same conclusion. It was started by bigbadcavdude and he got himself banned

so there's alot of his dialogue missing. basically he was looking through a gamebook that had records for every year and noticed this weird spike under fogle and just posted a query saying, "Hey! Who was this fogle guy and what happened to him?"

when you read the thread it's obvious that guy burned bright but was too hot.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

man, that thread was nine years ago

time flies.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Very cool read man thank you for digging it up

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Haha. You’re welcome. I know where a good bit of the gold is buried over there. Still more I never saw. Something tells me I missed out on Warpaints peak.