OT: ITs Racing Season WooHoo

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Re: ITs Racing Season WooHoo

Post by racincowboy02 »

Here we go this weekend every local track will be up and running either on Friday night or Saturday night this week as it is starting to warm up and get spring time. It should be a great weekend of action this week as all the tracks are under the lights for either the 1st of 2nd time of the year. Both national tours are off this week end before being on the road for each of their shows the following weekend

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Finally got to take in a race this weekend at Cherokee and man the weather was perfect and the racing was on fire. Started the night off with the newly formed 602 crate late models and those boys put on a show that started in the heat races and carried into the main event. Then the crate sportsman took to the track and they didn't disappoint either those guys were passing on the high side and the bottom of the race track all night long. then came the FUEL series and they were hot dogging it around the high side

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Made it out to Cherokee again this past weekend to watch the USCS Sprint Cars run and man the night started off with fire works in the Crate Sportsman Division with a couple of intense heat races and then moved on into the renegade class with another couple of intense heat races. The main events for both of these divisions turned out to be barn burners and more excitement in the pits as well. The sprint cars came out and did their normal slide job passing and exciting racing with some close calls passing. The night was well worth it as the racing was amazing. The track was tacky and stayed that way all night long. I don't know what to tell yall but if you ain't at Cherokee or another race track on Friday or Saturday night from here on out yall going to miss some darn good racing.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

So last week was a pretty good week for racing here in the area> I missed it due to other commintments but i will tell you this if you are in the area this weekend and you don't go then you will be missing out.

Friday night May 3rd the World of Outlaw Late Model Series will be at "The Place Your Momma Warned You About" Cherokee Speedway for its 1st of 2 trips to the speedway this year. The question of everybody's mind coming into this weekend is does anybody have anything for the blue red and white Rocket House car driven by Brandon Sheppard. Sheppard has been on a tear winning the last 3 races that the Outlaws have competed in. The next question is how will the long lay off effect the points leader and the rest of the outlaws. Did the layoff help drivers or did it hurt them the outlaws haven't been in competition since early April.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Here is an interesting read on what you can do with a computer now

https://www.onedirt.com/features/iracin ... ext-level/

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Tonight just got a little more interesting for sure. The Lucas Oil Series has canceled their races at Volunteer Friday and Florence Ky on Saturday so now some of those guys will be headed to Cherokee tonight to try and steal the 10K prize money from the WOO boys

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

So I haven't been posting a whole lot here due to the fact that there have been so many rainouts throughout the racing world that it has been hard to keep up with who is racing and who ain't racing.

But tonight the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Models put on a heckuva show at Tri City Speedway in Granite Falls Illinois. Jimmy Owens took the green flag and took the lead from the outside pole position and led til the halfway point of the race when pole sitter and 2nd place running Tyler Erb would make a pass on the high side of 1 and 2 and make it stick coming off the back stretch these two racers would battle side by side for 5 laps until the 3rd place running Mike Marlar would catch them and make it a 3 way battle for the lead. Marlar would get by Owens 5 laps after catching them and then put the heat on Erb when the caution flew for points leader Jonathan Davenport as he crashes hard into the outside retaining wall coming off of turn 4 with 10 to go. As Erb took the green flag again it would be Marlar putting the pressure on him but just comes up short as the checkered flag fell

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Oh boy what a freaking weekend of racing boy on boy if you haven't been to a race track or been keeping up with the national tours you have been missing out. Lucas Oil started their weekend swing off on Thursday night at Tri City Speedway in Granite City Illinois and it got started off with a bang Tyler Erb won in a very good race which I do believe I covered in my last post. Friday night the Lucas oil boys started up again at Tri City for night #2 and boy the show didn't disappoint and it was better than night #1. Friday night got started off with qualifying and it saw the greatest dirt late model driver of all times Scott Bloomquist take the overall fast qualifier honors and sit on the pole for the 3rd heat race. Heat race action took to the track with some pretty exciting races and the winners of the heat races were Jimmy Owens, Shannon Babb, Jonathon Davenport and rookie of the year candidate Stormy Scott. The A main was one of the most exciting races on the year and a possible for race of the year candidate. Owens took the lead and led til lap 12 when Shannon Babb came charging past him and these 2 would battle side by side for about 5 laps and then Owens would get back by and set sail

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Just out of curiosity are yall ok with me to continue posting the racing or do you want me to stop

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Heck yeah. Keep posting, you've got over 2000 views. (Slicker has to start 50 topics to get that many.) :lol: