5A FOOTBALL STATE GAME AT CLEMSON?????

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: 5A FOOTBALL STATE GAME AT CLEMSON?????

Post by cavaliereagle »

Deputy wrote:Apparently the sticking point in this sudden interest in the move to Clemson is of course, money. Seems that Carolina charges a pretty penny for the use of W-B. Seems as if a 3rd party is working through Clemson that will almost eliminate many of this costs. Even saying that for some schools from the lower part if the state that hotel rooms will be provided. Still not a fan of it. Maybe they do take care of the teams with hotels, but still a heck of a drive, and expense, for family's and student bodies. Hopefully this will pressure USC to come up with a better plan and keep it in Columbia. 2 hour ride from the furthest part of anywhere in the state. Fair for everyone.
It was my understanding that Clemson didn't charge anything for stadium usage. Not sure if that's true. I don't believe there should be a usage fee. Both are state funded universities.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Cav I agree with you wholeheartedly about the no usage fee but if they don't charge the usage fee then that means the school is paying their grounds crew to be there on a Friday night and Saturday all day long on overtime to help maintain the fields and to make sure there is not problems with the field. I can see where that would be a point to charge a usage fee to try and recoup some of that money so that they wouldn't have to pay that overtime.

Now my opinion is that the SCHSL and the universities should get together and talk about the fees and all that stuff and make it to where it stays in columbia for the plain and simple fact that it is in the middle of the state and makes it the best spot for the state title games unless there is a true upperstate vs upperstate match up which if my thinking is corret we don't have to worry about that due to no cross bracketing thank the good lord above on that one. I think that it would make more sense for all parties involved to say lay it out in the open for the fans to look at. I know that i would be very interested in what the fees are and what all comes with it being held in columbia and what clemson is offering.

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

2008 Clemson did not charge for stadium use or parking, not sure about other years

In my opinion (imo) the stadium/field is a little bit nicer than Willy B, but I would still much rather drive to Cola than Clemson

chant09
No Team Affiliation

Post by chant09 »

I believe that the state title games should all be played at Williams-Brice for the sake of travel of both upper state teams and lower state teams.

I also believe that the upper state and lower state title games should be played on a rotating basis on other college campus.
i.e, Upper state could rotate between Clemson, Wofford, Furman...possibly Newberry for the smaller classes
Lower state could rotate between Coastal, Citadel, and Charleston Southern...possibly SC State for the smaller classes

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

chant09 wrote:I believe that the state title games should all be played at Williams-Brice for the sake of travel of both upper state teams and lower state teams.

I also believe that the upper state and lower state title games should be played on a rotating basis on other college campus.
i.e, Upper state could rotate between Clemson, Wofford, Furman...possibly Newberry for the smaller classes
Lower state could rotate between Coastal, Citadel, and Charleston Southern...possibly SC State for the smaller classes
like the idea of all championship games at Will B

don't like the upper, lower state games at neutral field. Letting the teams host it is a big deal for their communities, makes money for the host, and they earned it

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I think Columbia is best for everyone's travel, but moving it could work out for some folks as well?

You take Clemson, USC, Furman, Wofford, SC State, Coastal, Citadel, and I'm sure others and split them:

This year the schools could be the below line up, then next year, use Wofford and Coastal.

Clemson
Friday
1A
Saturday
3A
5A

Citadel
Saturday
2A
4A

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

You scared of crabs and sharks Hooper?

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Onion Rings wrote:2008 Clemson did not charge for stadium use or parking, not sure about other years

In my opinion (imo) the stadium/field is a little bit nicer than Willy B, but I would still much rather drive to Cola than Clemson
Plan your vacation around it!! :shock: :D Clemson is BEAUTIFUL in December!! No parking fee...nobody hassled us when cooking oysters over a open flame with ...shall we say some adult beverages.!!

It needs to rotate...Coastal Carolina can handle the crowds and your at the beach!!! Hush yall!! 8-)

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

I don't care about it rotating to other venues just not Clemson lol Clemson is a nightmare for some of us fans and i swear that place is cursed or maybe some teams are cursed and can't win down there

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

Haha...I understand your dilemma!!!

15-0...STATE CHAMPS!!! :lol: