2019 Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas Rosters

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

:arrow: https://www.facebook.com/ShrineBowloftheCarolinas/

Congratulations to all the players selected. :D

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Re: 2019 Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas Rosters

Post by racincowboy02 »

Is that normal for the roster to come out this early? I always thought the roster was released like late November

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

Surprisingly not a lot of posters yet as there usually are that seem to be upset that hometown Johnny didnt get selected. Though would imagine some in the lower state are a bit upset as they didnt take hardly anyone from down that way. But fair enough, the coaches take the ones they think are the most deserving.
But there is one thing I would like to see changed with the Shrine Bowl. Being selected to coach should be honor enough. Let's drop the age old tradition of letting coaches bring their pet player along with them to the game. If legitimate that's fine. But so often you get those free selections that shouldn't be there and are taking a spot from a kid that actually deserves it.

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

I quit complaining years ago Deputy...but it is a great game for a great cause. :D

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

use to come out later in the season. Late Oct. early Nov.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Deputy wrote:….Let's drop the age old tradition of letting coaches bring their pet player along with them to the game. If legitimate that's fine. But so often you get those free selections that shouldn't be there and are taking a spot from a kid that actually deserves it.
I agree.

purpleandorange
Northwestern Trojans

Post by purpleandorange »

NC people debating their roster also.

https://carolinapreps.com/forum/index.p ... -selected/&

btango
No Team Affiliation

Post by btango »

Onion Rings wrote:use to come out later in the season. Late Oct. early Nov.
Moved it from the third week of October. Do not know the reason.

btango
No Team Affiliation

Post by btango »

Deputy wrote: But there is one thing I would like to see changed with the Shrine Bowl. Being selected to coach should be honor enough. Let's drop the age old tradition of letting coaches bring their pet player along with them to the game. If legitimate that's fine. But so often you get those free selections that shouldn't be there and are taking a spot from a kid that actually deserves it.
I remember the instructions given to the NC coaches a few years ago. If you bring one of your own players he needs to be a true stand out and not just a stand out on your team.

Head Coach selected two of his. West Ashley and Lake View have no selections. Greenville, Abbeville, Carolina Forest, Daniel have one each. Think the Greenville and Abbeville selection are really good players. Not sure about the other four players.

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

I don't think there have ever been those same instructions given in SC. Or either it has been ignored. Seen a bunch, that were good players but had no business being in the Shrine Bowl, piggyback their coaches selection into the game.