45 day count

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
tigergirl
Northwestern Trojans

Re: 45 day count

Post by tigergirl »

Sc and NC have mirrored so many rules together plus you have the shrine bowl game against NC. I'm surprised that we have not attempted to follow their playoff system. It would eliminate some issues but add some issues as well

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

SF Band dad wrote:...and what do you do with Carolina Forest? A big 5A school in a sea of 4A/3A. In the last realignment the answer was to extend 5A down to capture Conway, St. James, Socastee and South Florence to form a 5A region in the north-east corner of the state.

If Horry County SD pulled their heads out of their *** and adjusted their attendance lines they could have 6 schools in a single class. (North Myrtle Beach, Myrtle Beach, Socastee, St James, Carolina Forest and Conway) But for some reason they've decided that Carolina Forest should be the regional 500 lb gorilla. :evil:
I wonder if the Horry Co. SD has considered how much time and money they could save by not having all sports teams from those 6 schools travelling back and forth to S Florence, W Florence, Wilson, Marlboro Co. Darlington and Hartsville for away region games.

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

You have to understand that the whole CF community was a big plan to sell property and build houses. They rob kids from every surrounding attendance line to pump up CF. That way they build more schools and pocket more money. It’s all a plan. Twenty two years after CF was initiated they still bus kids from way inside the city of Conway to CF. For example if you ride down 501 from the bridge down to 16th ave which is where Walgreens is. On the left is CF and the right is Conway. It’s crazy !

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

the enrollment numbers for realignment will be for
grades 9-11 instead of 9-12. Wonder if this will make
a big difference.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Tigerific wrote:You have to understand that the whole CF community was a big plan to sell property and build houses. They rob kids from every surrounding attendance line to pump up CF. That way they build more schools and pocket more money. It’s all a plan. Twenty two years after CF was initiated they still bus kids from way inside the city of Conway to CF. For example if you ride down 501 from the bridge down to 16th ave which is where Walgreens is. On the left is CF and the right is Conway. It’s crazy !
https://www.horrycountyschools.net/site ... 20Area.pdf

Nice. Kids that live 1.5 miles from Conway High School ride a bus 8 miles to Carolina Forest. :(

Tigerific
Conway Tigers

Post by Tigerific »

Yes and middle school kids that live one street over from Whittemore Park get on a bus and ride to Blackwater out on hwy 90. Elementary kids out to Wacammaw on 501. Like I said, there’s an agenda behind it.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

AHS14 wrote:Grab your popcorn, this will likely be one of the most (if not the most) contentious realignments in SCHSL history. What to do with private/charter schools, fixing the mess that is 1A (don't even know if that's possible), fixing some wonky geography in some regions (Abbeville should not be playing Silver Bluff for example) and as usual schools getting bumped up or down. I know there was a big stir last year with some schools and their placement; Greenwood not wanting to be in 5A, Union County staying AAA, Stall begging to be bumped up to 5A (crazy but I sorta understand), Dixie appealing and winning the appeal to stay in 1A, Lewisville appealing and not winning the appeal to stay in 1A all come to mind. No doubt we will have more of these instances. I guarantee this, the first proposed alignment that is released will definitely not be the final one.
It wasn't Greenwood not wanting to be in 5A. That's where we want to be. That was the coach who has announced this is his last season. Our tradition is to compete with the best.

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

As I stated in an earlier post an open division would allow for schools like Greenwood who were on the bottom of the AAAAA list last time, and have a good chance of going to AAAA this time to chose the open division and play with the schools like Dutch Fork, Byrnes, and Dorman regardless how big or small they were. Yes I know Eagle93 you will petition to go to AAAAA.

FACT, Little ole De La Salle in California has won 6 of the last 10 Championships with an enrollment of under 1100 students in the Open Division, and played in all 10 State Championships. It cost $13,000 to attend there and you get a great education. You pay for what you get. The largest public high school in California exceed 4700 students. The largest Private School is K-12 with 5900.

Why not have an Open Division that Charter Schools and Private Schools that don't have to follow the same rules as public schools with zoning and recruiting can be placed in. Then let a school that blows a school out 70-0 like Oceanside did last week play with some real competition. Let those that wish to be in Divisions based on size make that choice, but then you are locked in for two years. These Charter Schools like Grays, Oceanside, and Legion are only going to grow and build more schools taking away from public schools. Create a division for them to compete fairly with other schools. #OPENDIVISION

StateChampsGHS
Greenwood Eagles

Post by StateChampsGHS »

eagle93 wrote:
AHS14 wrote:Grab your popcorn, this will likely be one of the most (if not the most) contentious realignments in SCHSL history. What to do with private/charter schools, fixing the mess that is 1A (don't even know if that's possible), fixing some wonky geography in some regions (Abbeville should not be playing Silver Bluff for example) and as usual schools getting bumped up or down. I know there was a big stir last year with some schools and their placement; Greenwood not wanting to be in 5A, Union County staying AAA, Stall begging to be bumped up to 5A (crazy but I sorta understand), Dixie appealing and winning the appeal to stay in 1A, Lewisville appealing and not winning the appeal to stay in 1A all come to mind. No doubt we will have more of these instances. I guarantee this, the first proposed alignment that is released will definitely not be the final one.
It wasn't Greenwood not wanting to be in 5A. That's where we want to be. That was the coach who has announced this is his last season. Our tradition is to compete with the best.
Yes, Greenwood likes playing with the big boys in 5A. Hopefully, the new coach will get us back to that level of play.
Last edited by StateChampsGHS on Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenwood High Eagles 2012

Go Tigers
Conway Tigers

Post by Go Tigers »

SF Band dad wrote:
Tigerific wrote:You have to understand that the whole CF community was a big plan to sell property and build houses. They rob kids from every surrounding attendance line to pump up CF. That way they build more schools and pocket more money. It’s all a plan. Twenty two years after CF was initiated they still bus kids from way inside the city of Conway to CF. For example if you ride down 501 from the bridge down to 16th ave which is where Walgreens is. On the left is CF and the right is Conway. It’s crazy !
https://www.horrycountyschools.net/site ... 20Area.pdf

Nice. Kids that live 1.5 miles from Conway High School ride a bus 8 miles to Carolina Forest. :(

It’s almost the same way on the Aynor side town as well. Kids 3 miles from CHS ride 8 miles to Aynor High.