Saluda 56 Southside Christian 42

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SaludaTigerFan
Saluda Tigers

Saluda 56 Southside Christian 42

Post by SaludaTigerFan »

My Tigers are in the 3rd round of the playoffs (or later) for the 5th season in a row. Quite an accomplishment for our team. It's tough that we are having this type of success during Abbeville's dynasty run, but that's how it goes!

As for the game Friday, this one should be a tight contest. SSC won at home earlier this year 16-13 and eliminated my Tigers in the 3rd round of the playoffs last season. Saluda had its chances in the first matchup this season, but dropped passes and a penalty on a KR TD ended up costing us.

SSC is a very disciplined team that plays very hard. They have good skill players and O-Line and their RB, Malory Pinkney, is an absolute bowling ball who runs angry. I've read where their star QB has been injured the last few weeks, so it will be interesting to see if he returns. If Saluda can make some big plays and contain Pinkney, we will be in it until the end. Here's to hoping for an injury free game for both teams and a Saluda victory.
Last edited by SaludaTigerFan on Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: Saluda @ Southside Christian

Post by 96fanatic »

I will be there to pull for Saluda.GO GET'EM TIGERS!

goldenstripfootball
No Team Affiliation

Post by goldenstripfootball »

This should be a very good game. Saluda's QB is always dangerous, especially if he is on.

As for Southside Christian, the first time around Southside lost their 4 year starting center and part-time DE to a torn ACL in the first quarter of that game and the line was in disarray the rest of that game. Someone close to the program told me that one of the coaches said they have never been around a team effected by one players injury as much. So, they have had 7 games to iron things out since then.

If completely healthy, I would say SSC, but with the QB injured and missing the 4 year lineman, then a toss up with Saluda's QB.

Abbevillemike
Abbeville Panthers

Post by Abbevillemike »

Good luck to both teams. It should be a great game. Both teams can throw it around. SSC has a better run game however and that could be the difference.

SaludaTigerFan
Saluda Tigers

Post by SaludaTigerFan »

Saluda wins 56-42 in a barn burner. Tigers move on to play at Abbeville next week for the Upper State Championship. This will be the 4th time in the last 5 years that these teams have met for the Upper State Title. Hoping for the best. Go Tigers!