3A Final - Dillon vs Chapman - Williams Brice - 7 Dec 3PM

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: Dillon vs Chapman(official thread)

Post by CITYSLICKER »

HARDLY A MCKISSICK MORE LIKE A SLICKERICK
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Deputy wrote:Will be shocked if Chapman doesnt win. And probably just as shocked if the game is even in question in the 4th qtr. Chapman is that good. Hodge said before the season it was his best team. They were excellent last year, and had everybody coming back. And their QB is the difference maker. Everybody wants to talk about the kid at DF, Doty at MB, and Garcia from CF, but I dont think any are better than the kid at Chapman. Add to the talent that nobody is better coached than Chapman. And for what it is worth, the 4A teams are lucky that Chapman cant line up for that one too because they would probably win it. And they could compete in 5A. Dont know that they could beat Dorman, but they would take down any other 5A school in the upstate.
They have embarrassed everyone on their schedule, which team was yours?
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

Post by All We Do Is Win »

I’ve been watching Chapman on YouTube. Very impressive offense. Hope our offense comes to play.

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

The one thing that has impressed me about Chapman this year is their defense. In years past, they could never stop anybody. This year they have shown the ability to get stops and not have to outscore every opponent.

I don't know how to go on this one. Chapman is good, but so is Dillon. I think when Dillon lost to Aynor this season, it woke the team up. They have been playing on another level since then. Plus, Dillon lost to Chester last year at state, what are the chances that Jackie lets that happen 2 years in a row?

GwoodEagle2k1
Greenwood Eagles

Post by GwoodEagle2k1 »

The tradition that Dillon has built down there is something we all can be impressed by. However, Chapman is a machine on offense. I think Chapman wins.
Last edited by GwoodEagle2k1 on Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

All We Do Is Win
Dillon Wildcats

Post by All We Do Is Win »

GwoodEagle2k1 wrote:The tradition that Dillion has built down there is something we all can be impressed by. However, Chapman is a machine on offense. I think Chapman wins.
Yeah, Dillon has been to 11 state titles in the last 12 years. And had played in 18 Lowerstate championship over the past 19 years. Very consistent program.

SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Post by SCPrepTalk »

3A Final - Dillon vs Chapman
Williams-Brice Stadium, Saturday Dec 7th at 3PM

SCHSL 3A Press Conference

:arrow: https://www.facebook.com/13189239687780 ... 293633482/

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

Panthers’ revamped defense shows focus
https://www.goupstate.com/sports/201912 ... hows-focus

For a team putting up historic offensive numbers, what they haven’t allowed on the scoreboard has made a huge difference.
We’ve moved from a four man front to a three man front to accommodate the players that we have. They’re strong and their fast, and they’re physical.
Our front seven, I’d argue we’re the best in the state.
“We’re a little bit faster, and a little bit meaner,” he said. “I’m a defensive guy. I take a lot of pride when the defense goes and gets the ball back. I’m looking forward to watching these guys play on Saturday.”
Dillon has been giving up way too many points, especially for a program that prides itself for defense. The "Nastycats" moniker just hasn't been there against good competition this year. Hopefully, the team will prove the critics wrong.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

Inman2300
Chapman Panthers

Post by Inman2300 »

Chapman's defense is stout up front,their front 7 is very physical and quick.I've yet to see a team line up and run it effectively on them.Camden had some success throwing on them but couldn't get the run game going.They had a couple of good runs in 2nd half when game was clearly over.There defense don't get much praise but they can get after it really well.If Dillon can give there QB some time they can expose the secondary some.But this is definitely the best defense Coach Hodge has had at Chapman.Looking forward to a good game Saturday. I know both teams will be well prepared.

Huck2284
Chapman Panthers

Re: 3A Final - Dillon vs Chapman - Williams Brice - 7 Dec 3P

Post by Huck2284 »

Having played football for Chapman and attended at least 75% of all games in the last 15 years I will have to say that this is definitely the most balanced and we'll rounded team that Chapman has ever had . Although I feel like the 2017 team was just as explosive offensively minus a slower running back in D.J. Twitty, tho he was bigger and stronger than Dante Smith but QB Colten Bailey offset that