Why Do You Follow Your Team

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Why Do You Follow Your Team

Post by racincowboy02 »

Just curious as to why you follow your team and if you switched teams why

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Re: Why Do You Follow Your Team

Post by GoBigGreen »

I follow Summerville because I am a 1982 grad. I follow the Gamecocks because I had many friends in school who were Gamecock fans. Let's call it peer pressure. I have pulled for South Carolina ever since. I actually have 2 brothers who are Clemson grads so I am the blacksheep of the family. It has been tough the last few years but once a Gamecock, always a Gamecock.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

GoBigGreen wrote:I follow Summerville because I am a 1982 grad. I follow the Gamecocks because I had many friends in school who were Gamecock fans. Let's call it peer pressure. I have pulled for South Carolina ever since. I actually have 2 brothers who are Clemson grads so I am the blacksheep of the family. It has been tough the last few years but once a Gamecock, always a Gamecock.
God dang didnt think you were that far back.you get around good for a geezer.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

racincowboy02 wrote:Just curious as to why you follow your team and if you switched teams why
Gotta back the team my kid plays for .loyalty to the program he is in. Absolutely impressed with how he and his team are coached.you earn your keep .no nepotism to hurt the program.
You are a number .you do well you play you dont you get to learn sime more.good life lessons .no predetermined crap.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

Finished 96 in 1964.Been supporting my Wildcats since then.
i have lived in Greenwood since 1973 about a mile from
Emerald High and 4 miles from Greenwood high.my daughter
graduated fron Greenwood High in 1983 and my son in 1989.

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

In 2009 my daughter was in middle school and was asked to march with the SFHS band. I hadn't been to a high school football game since 1983 when I played HS ball up in NC. I volunteered to help out with the band boosters and really enjoyed going to the games. I still go to most of their games and I've continued to volunteer for some SFHS and district organizations.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

My mom was in the first class at James F Byrnes after the merger of Duncan High School and WLT and Dad was a junior that year.

I graduated from Byrnes and my wife graduated from Byrnes

My son and daughter graduated from Byrnes,

and my grandsons are now in Duncan Elementary School and will one day be at Byrnes.

I think my first Byrnes game was in 1967, before many of you were even a gleam in your daddy's eyes. I give Slick a hard time, but as long as he's there, I can't be the oldest one here. Slicker's first football game was watching Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble at Bedrock High School, Joe Rockhead was the coach.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

racincowboy02
Gaffney Indians

Post by racincowboy02 »

Wow that's awesome I have been born and raised and graduated from Gaffney got my 1st taste of Gaffney football in 1985 and haven't looked back.

Fortfor5 if my memory serves me correctly you were a Summerville fan before that right? So what made you follow them?

SF that's pretty awesome right there

96 what made you not switch support to the Eagles or did you support them and go to their games when your kids were at Greenwood

Newcatntown
Bluffton Bobcats

Post by Newcatntown »

In 2006, the Bluffton Bulldogs pee-wee league needed volunteers....my sons started playing that year and next thing I know Im on the sidelines running the downs marker every Saturday for the next 5 years during football season!!! 8-)

In 2009 I took over a spot on the Bluffton High chain gang as it is a coveted position.... being that you get to be up close to the action and get to listen and watch the visiting teams coaches and players. That year we had talented players but not a good motivational coach...( I will leave his name out of this.)

2010 came along and the new HC (Ken Cribb) got Bluffton on the SC football map with a region title and hosting lower state championship game @ Bluffton.....plus state championship game in 2011!!!! 8-)

I could go on and on about the next few years...but all this leads up to WHY I follow Bluffton and ALL SC football....being up close to the kids on Friday nights and watching them go at it hard for 48 minutes.....I follow because of their LOVE OF THE GAME!!!! :D

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

racincowboy02 wrote:Wow that's awesome I have been born and raised and graduated from Gaffney got my 1st taste of Gaffney football in 1985 and haven't looked back.

Fortfor5 if my memory serves me correctly you were a Summerville fan before that right? So what made you follow them?

SF that's pretty awesome right there

96 what made you not switch support to the Eagles or did you support them and go to their games when your kids were at Greenwood
I went there for 2 yrs played 1 i lived there from 76till 87 moved to Columbia temporarily and moved back to goose creek.