2020 Northwestern Schedule

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
sparked_up
Northwestern Trojans

2020 Northwestern Schedule

Post by sparked_up »

8/22 @Southpointe
8/28 @Indian Land
9/04 Clover
9/11 @Nation Ford
9/18 Greenville
9/24 River Bluff
10/2 @Ridge View*
10/9 @Blythewood*
10/16 Spring Valley*
10/30 Rock Hill*

Way better schedule than 2018-2019.

Trojans should win 7 or 8 games just on schedule alone. Add in how young the team and coaching staff was last year and it could push to 9 wins.

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Re: 2020 Northwestern Schedule

Post by Onion Rings »

agree should

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I'm going to say 6-4 with a 7th win very likely.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

sparked_up
Northwestern Trojans

Post by sparked_up »

Indian Land, Greenville, River Bluff, Blythewood, & Spring Valley are all new opponents to me.

Anybody willing to share what to expect from these programs? What kind of returning cast do they have from last season?

Chuckster
Goose Creek Gators

Post by Chuckster »

Thanks for posting...... It is amazing to see such a change based on the previous AD's stupidity in schedules .... wishing Coach Paige all the best........

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

Before folks go crazy, the reason for the Dorman-NW game being removed from the schedule, it was all about home games versus away games. NW needed another home game to get to the preferred 5-5. Dorman needed that game to be home for Dorman this year to get to 5-5. So, both teams needed a 5th home game this season. Not having a 5th home game can be the difference in a team operating at a loss, or being able to pay all the bills.

NuclearCav90
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by NuclearCav90 »

That’s exactly what I assumed 4343. I’m sure Northwestern will be back on Dorman’s schedule sooner rather than later. There is some excellent history and great games between these two schools and they have a nice relationship.

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

NuclearCav90 wrote:That’s exactly what I assumed 4343. I’m sure Northwestern will be back on Dorman’s schedule sooner rather than later. There is some excellent history and great games between these two schools and they have a nice relationship.
I tried to cut off some of the nonsense that would come out about schedule strength. What people don't realize is home football games are critical to the cash flow of not just football, but the full athletic department at schools. Each of these teams try for the 5 home, 5 away balance each year. With the uneven teams in regions, that gets difficult, especially with counties now being split in half. Northwestern and Dorman want to keep area rivalries in tact as, lets face it, Nation Ford will bring a bigger crowd to Northwestern than Dorman would (and you can say the same thing about area teams around Spartanburg). So at the end, teams are forced to cut games that would make them better for games that will draw a little bit larger attendance.