2020 Outlook for High School Football

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Re: 2020 Outlook for High School Football

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

I am still hoping to see some High School Football this season. I hate to see that these Covid-19 Cases are going up in SC. My Daughter is going to be in 3rd Grade this upcoming School Year. I still don't know what the Schools are going to do but I was hoping that My Daughter would be able to go to School. Online learning is OK But I prefer her being in an actual School Building. We will see what happens but we still have a lot of Questions on how the Schools are going to deal with this. No matter what happens if there is High School Football this season I will still be in the stands at every game rooting My Beaufort Eagles on. :mrgreen: ;) 8-).

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:58 pm
Deputy wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:40 pm
And as much as I hate to even consider it, I will be shocked if a down of high school football is played this year. I truly hope I am wrong. But too many moving parts.
I'm beginning to lean toward this belief as well. Your comments below present a case that would have to be "beyond a reasonable doubt" in most folk's minds.
Deputy wrote:
You have the alarmist media still trying to convince us that this deal is going to kill us all.
And we all know how "truthful" the media is today, NOT!
Deputy wrote:
And as a rule, administrators in the educational system are usually the most cautious about any situation. These are the same folks that will cancel school on just the threat of snow flurries.
As they should.... we lost a student a few years ago because we didn't err on the side of caution.

While I agree, I would hate it, but it is not looking good for sports in 2020 in general, football especially.

My grandsons each played baseball in that past few days, the older in a weekend tournament and the younger in a regular Tuesday night game in D5 at Tyger River Park. Some were practicing social distancing, but for the most part it was business as usual for the most part. No "good game" walk at the end was the only thing missing. A parent near me was talking with another Mom and I heard her say "I'm glad we are back to playing ball, but I'm still a little concerned!" I thought to myself, too late to be concerned now, he's out there with all those players and coaches; if someone is exposed, it is going to spread quickly.
record setting number of cases in S.C. the last 3 days with over 3,200 new cases in these 3 days alone.........if this continues schools will not re-open and we will be forced to shut down the state again......…

[Mod edited - 23 June]

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

spectator wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:44 am
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:58 pm
Deputy wrote:
And as much as I hate to even consider it, I will be shocked if a down of high school football is played this year. I truly hope I am wrong. But too many moving parts.
I'm beginning to lean toward this belief as well. Your comments below present a case that would have to be "beyond a reasonable doubt" in most folk's minds.
Deputy wrote:
You have the alarmist media still trying to convince us that this deal is going to kill us all.
And we all know how "truthful" the media is today, NOT!
Deputy wrote:
And as a rule, administrators in the educational system are usually the most cautious about any situation. These are the same folks that will cancel school on just the threat of snow flurries.
As they should.... we lost a student a few years ago because we didn't err on the side of caution.

While I agree, I would hate it, but it is not looking good for sports in 2020 in general, football especially.

My grandsons each played baseball in that past few days, the older in a weekend tournament and the younger in a regular Tuesday night game in D5 at Tyger River Park. Some were practicing social distancing, but for the most part it was business as usual for the most part. No "good game" walk at the end was the only thing missing. A parent near me was talking with another Mom and I heard her say "I'm glad we are back to playing ball, but I'm still a little concerned!" I thought to myself, too late to be concerned now, he's out there with all those players and coaches; if someone is exposed, it is going to spread quickly.
record setting number of cases in S.C. the last 3 days with over 3,200 new cases in these 3 days alone.........if this continues schools will not re-open and we will be forced to shut down the state again...........
Cases were expected to rise when things opened up. The state will not shut down again.
Schools may not open but fact of the matter is we are going to have to suck it up and deal with it, there may never be a vaccine.

It sucks that people will have to catch it or at least be exposed to a very high percentage of people. Hiding will not stop anything just prolong it. It hasnt lead anyone off a cliff, this was expected. Anyone who did not expect cases to increase substantially has their head in the sand, It aint politics its science.

I may die you may die we both may die. We have to face it period. You can be a librarian or a streetsweeper sooner or later you will dance with the reaper. Thats an indisputable fact.

[Mod edit - 23 June]

Deputy
No Team Affiliation

Post by Deputy »

I enjoy an argument as much as anybody. But would you guys give the reposting of twelve previous posts all tied together a rest? We have all read it a million times. Cut and paste the last relevant part.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator »

Again... insults, personal attacks and overtly political statements (and replies) have been moderated or deleted.

There are many places on the internet where you can engage in political discussions, insults and personal attacks,..... this isn't one of them.

Please try to stay on-topic, please make an effort to frame your opinions in non-political terms.

It is possible to disagree with a person's opinion without insulting or denigrating the person you are addressing. You might be surprised, if you take the venom out of your posts and replies you might actually have a chance at changing someone's mind.

It's doubtful,...but miracles do happen.

This topic will come out of the penalty box on Tuesday, 23 June, at 7PM.