Districts that have suspended summer workouts

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Re: Districts that have suspended summer workouts

Post by bigdog2003 »

spectator wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:50 pm
96fanatic wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:50 pm
I hope i am wrong but i got a sinking feeling
that by Nov. our country is going to be in
complete confusion and turmoil with sick
people everywhere and protest,looting and
killing like we have never seen.
i don't see killing, but the rest is probably spot on............NOTHING is going to improve and NO FOOTBALL will be played in S.C. until we start wearing masks and shut down the sale of all on premise alcohol............who knows when that will happen............we had 1,750 new cases today..........and it is NOT from testing..........it's from disease..........
What does alcohol sales have to do with the virus?

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Post by Onion Rings »

wondered the same thing

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

school district 51 - Ware Shoals has suspended practice.

CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Post by CITYSLICKER »

DEY MEED TO TRANSFER TO BERKELEY COUNTY, WE ROLLING
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »

bigdog2003 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:10 am
spectator wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
i don't see killing, but the rest is probably spot on............NOTHING is going to improve and NO FOOTBALL will be played in S.C. until we start wearing masks and shut down the sale of all on premise alcohol............who knows when that will happen............we had 1,750 new cases today..........and it is NOT from testing..........it's from disease..........
On premise alcohol sales............bars...........these people in them are reckless and throw all caution under the bus...........many states are closing them down........it's a big problem........drunks are always a big problem...........

spectator
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by spectator »

bigdog2003 wrote:
spectator wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
On premise alcohol sales............bars...........these people in them are reckless and throw all caution under the bus...........many states are closing them down........it's a big problem........drunks are always a big problem...........

MrFootball68
Greenwood Eagles

Post by MrFootball68 »

All these shut downs mean nothing until Gaffney, Byrnes, Spartanburg, Hanna and other teams shut it down!

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

spectator wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:28 pm
bigdog2003 wrote:
spectator wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
Just for clarification, its businesses that have over 50% of income from alcohol that are having "on-premise alcohol sales" prohibited. Yes, the reason is to limit the operation of "bars". Its just a unique way to close down bars without actually "closing them down".

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

spectator wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:
spectator wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
Why not just close everything, stores, workplaces, tell people they have to stay inside their houses for the next 14 days and cannot leave for any reason. I mean, we have to stop the spread right?

FootballFan4343
HS Football Fanatic

Post by FootballFan4343 »

bigdog2003 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:18 pm
spectator wrote:
bigdog2003 wrote:
spectator wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
Why not just close everything, stores, workplaces, tell people they have to stay inside their houses for the next 14 days and cannot leave for any reason. I mean, we have to stop the spread right?
Unless the entire world completely locked down and literally did NOTHING for 21 days, the virus will always pop back up until herd immunity is achieved (either through a vaccine or by enough people building up immunity by "getting the virus").
That is the thing all of those in charge fail to say to the world..."LOOK, it is always going to be here...no matter how long we close down, as soon as we open back up, it returns (short of waiting for a working vaccine that 100% of the population takes). Keep in mind, even the BEST vaccines only work 80% of the time. So if only 40% of people get the vaccine (which is what is predicted) and it works 80% of the time, that leaves roughly 68% of the population that will need "herd immunity".
All sheltering does is lengthen the time the virus is present. It won't eliminate the virus.