LET'S ALL GET BEHIND THIS

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
CITYSLICKER
Berkeley Stags - 669 games and counting

Re: LET'S ALL GET BEHIND THIS

Post by CITYSLICKER »

while his wife took him to radiation, i took my ladder over and he has spot on the soffit that the wood was bare, I thought it was rotten but just the paint pealed off a section, maybe 4 inches, I scrapped the old paint off and going to clean when it quits raining and put primer on and repaint, sitting here waiting on his return home for a weekend rest, had a friend bring a 100 dollar bill by for him, so its kinda smart, gofundme begs a fee to donate added to donation. I slipped down getting in the tub last night and hit my butt and back of my head. i take blood thinners for an afib I acquired as I aged, so I decided not to go to emergency room for scan of brain bleed, it worked out, ok, always on my mind when i bump my head, but decided it was not bad enough to spend 4 hrs in emergency room, hope yall and sean have a great weekend, thanks for yalls thoughts, the journey continues monday for radiation no.8
669 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

son is home and resting, week 2 finished, maybe he can rest for two days. thanks for all the love. it is all to help him and appreciated.going to empty my piggy bank and give it to him.

1 CAT FAN
Dillon Wildcats

Post by 1 CAT FAN »

NURSE’S PRAYER

Give to my heart, O Lord...Compassion and understanding.
Give to my hands, skill and tenderness.
Give to my ears, the ability to listen.
Give to my lips, words of comfort.
Give to me, O Lord...Strength for this selfless service.
And enable me to give hope To those I am called to serve. AMEN

The high road to service is traveled with integrity, compassion and understanding; people don't care how much we know until they know how much we care.

Saw that in our local medical facility today. I work with our nurses on a daily basis, with the covid putting a strain on medical professionals capabilities; they still care about their patients.
Dillon Wildcats 08’ 09’ 12’ 13’ 14’ 15’ 17’ State Champions

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:12 pm
NURSE’S PRAYER

The high road to service is traveled with integrity, compassion and understanding; people don't care how much we know until they know how much we care.

Saw that in our local medical facility today. I work with our nurses on a daily basis, with the covid putting a strain on medical professionals capabilities; they still care about their patients.
Very nice! I've never read that.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

1 CAT FAN wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:12 pm
NURSE’S PRAYER

Love this. I communicate with a few nurses. They are special people. Not appreciated enough.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:13 pm
I slipped down getting in the tub last night and hit my butt and back of my head.
What's the difference? :lol: :lol:

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

CITYSLICKER wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:13 pm
while his wife took him to radiation, i took my ladder over and he has spot on the soffit that the wood was bare, I thought it was rotten but just the paint pealed off a section, maybe 4 inches, I scrapped the old paint off and going to clean when it quits raining and put primer on and repaint,
I love this. There's something very powerful about you repairing a spot of paint to help take your mind off of things. It's clear that you're looking for any way to be useful. Beautiful. That might be one compelling way to bring each day into the world with a little less suffering and misery than there need be. Have you thought about getting some volunteers to help out fixing up other things for your son? Just a thought.

CITYSLICKER

Post by CITYSLICKER »

I guess I don't want his house to fall down around him, I promise you I would not get on a ladder to forget anything, it was necessary, sadly covid and volunteers don't mix. so I will just have to crawl my ass up and fix and paint on my on.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »