Bishop England

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
pluffmud
Bishop England Battling Bishops

Bishop England

Post by pluffmud »

I never take the opportunity to update anyone on BE. Nobody really cares until playoff time, anyway.
However...BE started the season of with 2 bad losses to currently undefeated AAAA West Ashley and Currently undefeated AAA Hanahan. Since then they beat SCISA Porter Gaud...not too convincingly. Last week they began region play...in the weakest region in the nation...by handily defeating an Academic Magnet team in a game that could have easily been 100 - 0. The next 2 weeks will be against equally hurting North Charleston and Burke teams. Expect very difficult games against Battery Creek and a Woodland team that is expected to win the region.

This is not the BE team of the past 2 years. There are still many unknowns and a couple of large roles that are still to be filled. The team has a few very significant strengths. Time will tell if everything comes together to make any noise in the playoffs. If not, they may exit early.
GO HARD OR GO HOME

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: Bishop England

Post by cavaliereagle »

Looks like we are in about the same boat. We've already dropped 2. As long as we are ready for region play, it will all be worth it.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

pluffmud
Bishop England Battling Bishops

Post by pluffmud »

I would very much like to get this board rolling. Cav, I had some cat with the handle DFactor try to reach you about coming over here. I am swiftly becoming Public Enemy #1 with mods over there.

Cautiously, I report that the 2-time defending champs Bishops are starting to fill in some of the blanks as they move through their cupcake region. Next week will be final tune-up for Woodland to decide region champ. 1st round bye, and home field advantage for playoffs. BE has been able to improve playing starters for 1st half, get the younger players lots of PT, no injuries to speak of, and they have not shown Woodland much for them to pick up on film. BE is way under the radar in lower state.

The biggest advantage that BE has is being able to prepare all year long for 1 game against a team that should be able to dominate the contest. Woodland is in the same boat, but I'm not sure they think that way. Everything will be answered in 2 weeks. Nobody, including me, thinks there is any chance of a BE 3-peat...but I did not think they could win it last year. The playoffs are a crap shoot for everybody.

This is my favorite time of year.
GO HARD OR GO HOME

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

pluffmud wrote:I would very much like to get this board rolling. Cav, I had some cat with the handle DFactor try to reach you about coming over here. I am swiftly becoming Public Enemy #1 with mods over there.

Cautiously, I report that the 2-time defending champs Bishops are starting to fill in some of the blanks as they move through their cupcake region. Next week will be final tune-up for Woodland to decide region champ. 1st round bye, and home field advantage for playoffs. BE has been able to improve playing starters for 1st half, get the younger players lots of PT, no injuries to speak of, and they have not shown Woodland much for them to pick up on film. BE is way under the radar in lower state.

The biggest advantage that BE has is being able to prepare all year long for 1 game against a team that should be able to dominate the contest. Woodland is in the same boat, but I'm not sure they think that way. Everything will be answered in 2 weeks. Nobody, including me, thinks there is any chance of a BE 3-peat...but I did not think they could win it last year. The playoffs are a crap shoot for everybody.

This is my favorite time of year.
I believe DFactor already posts over here. He roots for Fort Dorchester. He's smart like you.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.