Bracket Projection as of 10/12/13

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Bracket Projection as of 10/12/13

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

OK, things are starting to take shape. Couple of things from last week that really shook up the brackets.

You have to start with Lexington over North Augusta. Most of us thought that region would be decided in Week 11 when Dutch Fork and North Augusta met, undefeated in Region Play. Now we could have Lexington, North Augusta and Dutch Fork all with one loss or the winner of Dutch Fork and Lexington may finish undefeated in the Region.

Fort Dorchester just cannot beat Summerville? So Region VIII will likely go to the winner of the Beaufort -vs- Summerville game.

As for this week's match ups, you got to start with Region II showdown at Nixon Field. Byrnes hosing Gaffney. Winner will be heads up on the track to the Region Championship, but both teams still have at least one more big game to play.

I'm also keeping an eye on Boiling Springs-vs-Spartanburg to see if Spartanburg rebounds or continues to slide.

South Pointe-vs-Rock Hill is a big game as well. A win by Rock Hill goes a long way to them getting in the playoffs.

Spring Valley-vs-Irmo where a win by SV pretty much clinches the region championship.

And as mentioned above, Beaufort and Summerville is HUGE for seeding for Region VIII. If Beaufort can win this one, my bracket projections below are totally shuffled....

So, let's get to the projection and see what kind of match ups we COULD be looking at....

DIVISION ONE
1 Byrnes
16 West Ashley

8 Sumter
9 Dorman

4 Summerville
13 Ashley Ridge

5 Spring Valley
12 Mauldin
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2 Dutch Fork
15 Rock Hill

7 Gaffney
10 Fort Dorchester

3 Hillcrest
14 Wando

6 Lexington
11 Boiling Springs

DIVISION TWO
1 Goose Creek
16 West Florence

8 Blythewood
9 Spartanburg

4 Stratford
13 Nation Ford

5 Beaufort
12 Irmo
------------------------------------------------------
2 Northwestern
15 Easley

7 Greenwood
10 North Augusta

3 South Florence
14 Laurens

6 York
11 South Pointe

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Re: Bracket Projection as of 10/12/13

Post by cavaliereagle »

I believe SV will win that matchup with Irmo. I know Irmo beat DF, but that's a rivalry. Anything can happen in those things. Watch the Byrnes/Gaffney ind up 3-0 after playing in OT. With, probably the majority of folks expecting big scores. How many times have we seen that happen? There seem to be more interesting matchups this week than this past week.
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

bruindad79
South Florence Bruins

Post by bruindad79 »

Ouch... either York or South Pointe... both are excellent teams and we would have to play a near perfect game.

cavaliereagle
Central Eagles. Richland Northeast

Post by cavaliereagle »

Wasn't it SP that lost their qb?
CENTRAL EAGLES...MAKE PLAYS NOT EXCUSES.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

cavaliereagle wrote:Wasn't it SP that lost their qb?
Yes, he is out for the year

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:...Fort Dorchester just cannot beat Summerville? So Region VIII will likely go to the winner of the Beaufort -vs- Summerville game.

As for this week's match ups, you got to start with Region II showdown at Nixon Field. Byrnes hosing Gaffney. Winner will be heads up on the track to the Region Championship, but both teams still have at least one more big game to play.
And as mentioned above, Beaufort and Summerville is HUGE for seeding for Region VIII. If Beaufort can win this one, my bracket projections below are totally shuffled....
With the way Summerville's D is playing, I do not see the Summerville-Beaufort game even being close. I would be surprised if we do not win by at least 21. The Eagles were exposed last week when they finally played a quality opponent. Bluffton was the first opponent with a winning record the Eagles defeated but I believe most 4A schools would have had a winning record with Bluffton's early season schedule. So I do not think you will have to shuffle your projections based on the Summerville-Beaufort game.

And how exactly is Byrnes going to hose Gaffney?

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:...you got to start with Region II showdown at Nixon Field. Byrnes hosing Gaffney.
I love it!!!

Now that's a grammatical mistake that might not be a mistake. :mrgreen:
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

GoBigGreen wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:...Fort Dorchester just cannot beat Summerville? So Region VIII will likely go to the winner of the Beaufort -vs- Summerville game.

With the way Summerville's D is playing, I do not see the Summerville-Beaufort game even being close. I would be surprised if we do not win by at least 21. The Eagles were exposed last week when they finally played a quality opponent. Bluffton was the first opponent with a winning record the Eagles defeated but I believe most 4A schools would have had a winning record with Bluffton's early season schedule. So I do not think you will have to shuffle your projections based on the Summerville-Beaufort game.

You don't remember the fire trucks from a few years ago?

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

GoBigGreen wrote:

Keep on talking Mike. I'm just lurking........not going to say much...........yet, but keep talking. That post is already on it's way to the locker room. How's the weather going to be there up north this Friday? Temps in the 50s? Seen any good movies lately? Don't go shutting down on a cause of me...........just keep on talking............in fact, get some more of your Wave buddies involved and get a really good "we hate Beaufort" conversation going............I love watching people count them chickens while they are all still just eggs. :mrgreen:
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

NinjaChickenAHHH
Byrnes Rebels

Post by NinjaChickenAHHH »

DeCav wrote:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:...you got to start with Region II showdown at Nixon Field. Byrnes hosing Gaffney.
I love it!!!

Now that's a grammatical mistake that might not be a mistake. :mrgreen:

LOL!!! I noticed it right away as well! 74, that's classic right there.