Out of State Opponents - Dutch Fork

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Out of State Opponents - Dutch Fork

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Dutch Fork has 3 out of state opponents this coming season.

Start off with Hough NC. One of the top programs in NC over the past several years. Should be tough test for the first game. I suspect Hough feels the same. Not sure when you would rather play a Tom Knotts team, but first game of the season is a tall order.

Next is Creekside GA. Another good team. Top #25 in Georgia last season and made a deep run in the 5A playoffs, eventually falling in the semifinals to the eventual champion, Warner Robins.

Last out of state opponent is St Frances Academy from Baltimore. Regular Max Preps Top 20 team, pre-season #3 coming into this season. Knocked off IMG last season. Tall order. Hope the Silver Foxes make a good showing. They played the then #1 team in the nation Allen Texas a few years back with Kyler Murray at QB for Allen, and gave them a run for their money. South Pointe gave SFA a run for their money back in 2016. Hope we can put together a strong outing. Have to wait and see.

Throw in Spartanburg, Stratford and North Augusta...Lexington, River Bluff, White Knoll and Chapin, should be a tough season, but fun to watch.

What are some of the other out of state match ups this season?

Slick Penguin 2024!

Fear The Fox...

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: Out of State Opponents - Dutch Fork

Post by DFOLDMAN »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:50 am
Dutch Fork has 3 out of state opponents this coming season.

Start off with Hough NC. One of the top programs in NC over the past several years. Should be tough test for the first game. I suspect Hough feels the same. Not sure when you would rather play a Tom Knotts team, but first game of the season is a tall order.

Next is Creekside GA. Another good team. Top #25 in Georgia last season and made a deep run in the 5A playoffs, eventually falling in the semifinals to the eventual champion, Warner Robins.

Last out of state opponent is St Frances Academy from Baltimore. Regular Max Preps Top 20 team, pre-season #3 coming into this season. Knocked off IMG last season. Tall order. Hope the Silver Foxes make a good showing. They played the then #1 team in the nation Allen Texas a few years back with Kyler Murray at QB for Allen, and gave them a run for their money. South Pointe gave SFA a run for their money back in 2016. Hope we can put together a strong outing. Have to wait and see.

Throw in Spartanburg, Stratford and North Augusta...Lexington, River Bluff, White Knoll and Chapin, should be a tough season, but fun to watch.

What are some of the other out of state match ups this season?

Slick Penguin 2024!

Fear The Fox...
I still believe Gaffney has the toughest schedule this coming season. Mallard Creek, Fort D, Northwestern, South Pointe, Union, Hammond, then the region from hell. No rest for the weary there.

Well, neither schedule is tough as the likes of Crescent, Pickens, Walhalla and West-Oak...but we all try.

Slick Penguin 2024!

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Yea Pickensoldman with our schedule it’s going to be hard to keep the states second longest win streak going behind Dutch Fork

Wait what’s that?

Oh that’s right Gaffney hahahaha

One day

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:22 pm
Yea Pickensoldman with our schedule it’s going to be hard to keep the states second longest win streak going behind Dutch Fork

Wait what’s that?

Oh that’s right Gaffney hahahaha

One day
I don't think the D. Wistar coach is looking for that day....cruise control seems ok to him. Steel sharpens steel, but if the faithful are happy being a big fish in a stagnant pond...so be it. Rose colored glasses, I guess. You can't tell me he just couldn't find tougher teams...lol.

Last year may have been Knotts best coaching effort given the deaths of Gage and Jack and his health issues. Going back to Columbia was a tribute to what he can do- thought Sumter and Fort D would have gotten them. This season is a tough schedule but it will make them all the better come playoff time. Non-Region games against SFA versus West-Oak...I think you learn a little more that way, maybe I am wrong.

The best thing about DWD's schedule this season, their total win streak may soon catch our old playoff win streak...in 5A. Come to Ballentine and watch some real football. With that schedule I hope Daniel has some comfy seats....fans will get sleepy..lol

Slick Penguin 2024!

Fear The Fox...

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Not sure about Hammond…they might be another Gray..but Daniel would have looked good in that spot.. :D Union has to stay..it’s a hwy 18:thang.

BBurg_Wildcat 22
Blacksburg Wildcats

Post by BBurg_Wildcat 22 »

mikey wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:57 pm
Not sure about Hammond…they might be another Gray..but Daniel would have looked good in that spot.. :D Union has to stay..it’s a hwy 18:thang.
Hammond is good, we played them in a jamboree a few years ago. Typical private school. IMO they are no where close to Gray. Gaffney should handle them pretty easily.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

We play Georgia. Clearwater fla so I hear.

Fortd2k
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortd2k »

Our non conference is tough too. We got Grayson (GA), Beaufort, Gaffney, and possibly Clearwater (FL)

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Fortd2k wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:03 am
Our non conference is tough too. We got Grayson (GA), Beaufort, Gaffney, and possibly Clearwater (FL)
Grayson is a good team every year and Clearwater is solid as well. Fort D has a tough schedule for certain. Gaffney and Beaufort won a title and were runner up last year as well.

Slick Penguin 2024!

Fear The Fox...

Redraider66
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Redraider66 »

Greenwood plays Sandy Creek out of Georgia this year