5A Region 4

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

5A Region 4

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Just as sure as there is a camo snapback in Lexington, a Pinto on cinder blocks in Red Bank, a jet ski in Chapin and a carpet bagger in River Bluff...its soon time for for Region 4 Teams to play some football. I gave you my thoughts on DF already- hopefully we can manage 8 or 9 wins from a tough schedule and be in good shape when playoffs roll around. Let's look at the rest of the region.

White Knoll- Those toothless hillbillies from Red Bank have a good coach and a new outlook. Looking at their schedule, I see games they can win...OW, Colleton, South Aiken, Westwood, Lancaster. Maybe even a region game or two. I believe they will be the most improved team in the region. I suspect Lexington and DF will be a bit of a tall order...but better overall.

Lexington- I think Lexington may be back. Good showing last season, including a playoff win. I could see a 8-2 or 9-1 regular season easily. This should be a very dangerous team. The only team that may be a little too far ahead for them right now are the Silver Foxes.

River Bluff- I love those carpet baggers. I want them to be good. They were extremely good in 2018, 2019 and 2020....they hit a bit of a talent slump last season. It's a great stadium, great atmosphere and great fans. Fun place to watch a game. I want them to be good again. That being said they have some tough games...Irmo, Dorman, Lexington, Dutch Fork... if they break even, I would consider that a success.

Chapin- Ah...those jet ski riders from up the Lake. They lost a lot from last season, and the subs I saw in the DF game were a definite drop off-no offense/offence (pun intended)...with the graduation of their WR and RB and the QB heading to IMG, couple of key linemen as well....cupboard may be bare...they always seem to be able to put together a decent OL and the new backfield will need that. Schedule won't help either- Irmo, Spring Valley, AC Flora, Lexington, Dutch Fork. Breaking even may be a stretch.

Fear The Fox...