PLAYOFF BRACKET - PROJECTION 10/19

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Re: PLAYOFF BRACKET - PROJECTION 10/19

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

This is what I used for my projection:

Which would mean the Stratford and Berkeley games would be your MARK OFF games. If Berkeley gets to 6-5, you would move up to 37.0 points ( they would be 4.0 and the two mark offs would be Stratford and Goose Creek) but you would only have 42 opponent wins if it came down to a tie breaker.
Attachments
sville.gif

wave 80
Summerville Green Wave

Post by wave 80 »

GoBigGreen wrote:
wave 80 wrote:A 2 or 3 seed would be nice and is probably the best way to get to cola.
But after the way the last 3 season's have gone , i would be more than happy to make a thanksgiving trip to Byrnes.
Oh, I know. I would be excited just to make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs after the last couple seasons. The goal at the beginning of the season for Summerville is to win a state championship. Plain and simple. Why not give our team the best chance of reaching that goal by putting together a schedule which will allow them to play at home versus hitting the roads? I know that had we not lost the two games we would not have to worry about it but we did lose those games. You can not win them all every year. But what we can do every year is put together a schedule which will give Summerville the best chance to make it back to Columbia. Playing 3A schools is simply not the best plan due to the requirement that the school has to end the season with a winning record just to get 4 playoff points. We would have been better off playing a Big 16 school such as Dutch Fork, Spring Vally, Sumter or Carolina Forest. Heck we could have played Dutch Fork and lost to them and received 3.5 points which is 0.5 points more than we will receive beating Berkeley(3 points with a losing end of season record). Even with the loss, that would put us in a tie at 36.5 with DF and Hillcrest for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th place seeds. Instead, we are looking squarely at 36 points in all likelyhood. So GO STAGS! They need to win at least one of the next two regular season games and then the first playoff game to get a winning record OR win both of the last two games of the regular season against 7-1 OW and 7-1 HH(ain't gonna happen).
I'm with ya brother.
GO WAVE

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:This is what I used for my projection:

Which would mean the Stratford and Berkeley games would be your MARK OFF games. If Berkeley gets to 6-5, you would move up to 37.0 points ( they would be 4.0 and the two mark offs would be Stratford and Goose Creek) but you would only have 42 opponent wins if it came down to a tie breaker.

Opponent wins would not even come into the picture if we ended up with 37 playoff points as DF and Hillcrest max out at 36.5. In your current scenario, we would be the #2 seed if Berkeley were to end up with a winning record. Had we played a 4A school the possibility of a #2 seed would be in our control and not someone elses. Granted North Augusta could still throw a monkey wrench into the whole picture if they were to claim region 5 with DF and Lexington.

terribletowellives
Boiling Springs Bulldogs

Post by terribletowellives »

I know we control our own destiny in this playoff picture.. But it would so much cooler to face someone different other than a region opponent!!

Come 74, just for our sake, keep projecting us to face someone from another region.... ;)
sic'em dogs

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

terribletowellives wrote:I know we control our own destiny in this playoff picture.. But it would so much cooler to face someone different other than a region opponent!!

Come 74, just for our sake, keep projecting us to face someone from another region.... ;)
I just pick the games and let it fall where it falls.... I don't even pick on Spartanburg!

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Question asked about if there was a 3-way tie in Region 5.

I believe Rebel-Fan-74 posted this last year.

Tiebreakers Summary
Region Record
Head-to-head win/loss
Playoff Points (with 2 games marked off)
Opponent Wins (with 2 games marked off)
Opponent Losses (with 2 games marked off)
Playoff Points (without markoffs)
Opponent Wins (without markoffs)
Opponent Losses (without markoffs)
Coin toss

with these outcomes( DF beats Lex., NA beats DF)
going by the Point System (barring any other upsets)
1. North Augusta 37pts (this would likely make NA a 3-seed in D2)
3. Lexington 36pts
2. Dutch Fork 35.5pts
Fixed it :mrgreen:

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Thanks for that EHS. That would put Summerville in at the #2 or #3 seed as a region champ ahead of both DF and Lexington. Just became a North Augusta fan and a DF fan for a game :mrgreen:.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:Question asked about if there was a 3-way tie in Region 5.

Tiebreakers Summary
Region Record
Head-to-head win/loss
Coin toss

2. Lexington 36pts
3. Dutch Fork 35.5pts
Only thing I would point out, is DF would be #2 due to HEAD TO HEAD. Ties are broken one at a time. So once you determined who won the three way tie, you start at the top again. In your example, you have DF beating Lexington so they would get the #2 seed.

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
EHSMeanGreen wrote:Question asked about if there was a 3-way tie in Region 5.

Tiebreakers Summary
Region Record
Head-to-head win/loss
Coin toss

3. Lexington 36pts
2. Dutch Fork 35.5pts
Fixed it

Only thing I would point out, is DF would be #2 due to HEAD TO HEAD. Ties are broken one at a time. So once you determined who won the three way tie, you start at the top again. In your example, you have DF beating Lexington so they would get the #2 seed.
Thanks for pointing that out. :mrgreen:
I believe that answers another question that I had for you.

Putting in different scenarios:
One Scenario: I had a 3-way tie in pts. (32.5) between West Flo., Laurens, and Easley for seeds 14-16.
Easley had more opponent wins, which gave Easley the 14 seed even though Laurens beat Easley....Correct? :?:

Also, Tell me if i'm Correct?
In your projection for Easley as a 14 seed...I assume that you are counting on Pickens to get the 6th win? :?:

When I punched in my numbers, If Pickens doesn't get that 6th win, Easley would be a 16 seed unless we win at least 2 of our last 3 games.... :?:
Thanks Rebel-Fan-74. :mrgreen:

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

EHSMeanGreen wrote: Putting in different scenarios:
One Scenario: I had a 3-way tie in pts. (32.5) between West Flo., Laurens, and Easley for seeds 14-16.
Easley had more opponent wins, which gave Easley the 14 seed even though Laurens beat Easley....Correct? :?:
Only way to break a three way tie is point system, UNLESS one team beat both of the other teams... for example, let's say you played West Florence in Week One and beat them and you beat Laurens in Week Seven. Points would not even come into play in that case, you would win the tiebreaker due to head to head even though West Florence didn't play Laurens. However, in this case, one team doesn't hold a victory over the other two {it doesn't mention a team losing to both being eliminated, only a win over the other two would win the tie breaker}, so you have to go to points and then Opponents Wins....

If West Florence breaks the tie with more opponents wins, you drop all the way to 16 because the tie for 15th would be head to head and Laurens holds that tiebreaker due to head to head. HOWEVER, if you end up with more wins, that would give you the 14th seed even though Laurens beat you.

EHSMeanGreen wrote: Also, Tell me if i'm Correct?
In your projection for Easley as a 14 seed...I assume that you are counting on Pickens to get the 6th win? :?:

When I punched in my numbers, If Pickens doesn't get that 6th win, Easley would be a 16 seed unless we win at least 2 of our last 3 games.... :?:
Yes, I'm going with Pickens getting to win #6 and not going with a win over Greenwood or Hillcrest (AT THIS TIME... things change.)
EHSMeanGreen wrote: Thanks Rebel-Fan-74. :mrgreen:
Вы приветствуем, Siete benvenuti, では歓迎されてい, Sie sind willkommen, בבקשה