South Pointe @ Rock Hill. Poll

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who wins this matchup?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:38 pm

South Pointe
10%
Rock Hill High
No votes
SP by 28 pts or more
81%
SP by 14 or more
10%

Total votes: 21

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

South Pointe @ Rock Hill. Poll

Post by 5thqtr »

The history of this series is crazy. In 2018 when the Stallions finished in the top 10 in the Nation(DK, Potter, Adams, etc. last year) I seem to recall a very close game against Rock Hill.

The Rock Hill players could get beat like a drum for every game - but they would be willing to do that - "if it meant beating South Pointe"! They really sell out when they play the Stallions.

The Stallions are also coming off a big win over a quality opponent; and may have a little hangover this Friday!

What's your thoughts on this? No doubt; the Stallions should win with all due respect to RH. But, just because they will be favored, doesn't mean they will pull it out. Rivalry games are crazy like that!

Classic Trap game honestly! They will be fired up; we might be flat - we let them stay in it early and they begin believing last week vs. NW was a fluke. And before you know it; "it's a game"!

What say you?
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

Onion Rings
No Team Affiliation

Re: South Pointe @ Rock Hill. Poll

Post by Onion Rings »

for whatever reason, RH has a history of playing SP tough and even beating them occasionally..they (RH) will look really bad, then play SP close..so never say never but SP should roll

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Unless the Stallions have a HUGE hangover, they could score as many as they want!

Rock Hill needs a complete colonoscopy!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

Please tell me that this thread is a bad joke! :roll: :roll: Those kids don't deserve anymore embarrassment

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Post by 5thqtr »

It's not a joke at all.
RH has always given SP lots of trouble no matter how good or bad they are.
It's a rivalry game A.
B. There's a possibility SP comes out flat because of a big game hangover. Perhaps even taking RH for granted.
C. RH could come out with their hair on fire because they were embarrassed last week.
The combination is kind of scary if you look at it.
SP has a bad habit of letting teams hang around that shouldn't hang around. They were beating the brakes off of Shelby and they let them come back and made it a game at the end.
They got up on Gaffney and didn't have the right mindset and Gaffney started creeping back.
So no, it's not a joke.
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

BearcatsofRH
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by BearcatsofRH »

I'd be shocked if the Bearcats don't come out laser focused.

South Pointe may come out flat as you said. Given the history and inter-personal relationships between the two schools players - I think Bearcat players play above their head and come out and challenge the Stallions who may still patting themselves on the back about beating a team the caliber of Gaffney convincingly.
If they dont and the Bearcats can have some things go their way "early" I think the Stallions still win; but by less than 28 points.

Maniac
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Maniac »

Just wanting a good, clean game free of injuries and skirmishes.

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Post by 5thqtr »

Same here!

You hope that very message is conveyed all week.
Rock Hill may come out fired up and salty.
SP traditionally doesn't "respond well" to chippyness!
It's a rivalry game and emotions will already be high.

Keep your cool 😎!
Play ball!

Again, how much of a hangover will there be?

Realist
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Realist »

South Pointe a whole lot.
Rock Hill a little bit.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

South Pointe by "name the score". The Stallions get to see how their 9th graders perform under the bright lights. "Just don't get anyone hurt" should be the game plan.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!