South Pointe @ Rock Hill. Poll

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who wins this matchup?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:38 pm

South Pointe
10%
Rock Hill High
No votes
SP by 28 pts or more
81%
SP by 14 or more
10%

Total votes: 21

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Re: South Pointe 35 @ Rock Hill. 0 Poll

Post by 5thqtr »

Wet ball rule was the official reason the game was called at halftime.

But, I feel like the majority leaving the stadium: "it was mercy for Rock Hill High"!
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Re: South Pointe @ Rock Hill. Poll

Post by Blister »

Very convenient excuse. Amazing that every other game in the state, which were played in the same weather, were completed with no issues.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

It is called the "wet bulb thermometer reading". It is an indication of heat, humidity, and other factors used to determine player, coach, and referee, safety
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Post by 5thqtr »

Thanks for the correction!

It's for safety, so you can't complain, right?
But, if I didn't know better, it looked very much like quitting!

This never becomes a factor if the teams were evenly matched. Or if it was a close game.
Or if RHH was leading.

I suspect the number of personal fouls, unsportsmanlike and the one sided dominance was why this card was played.
I also suspect it was in place in somebodys mind last night, if the game went how most figured.
SMH!
But, you can't question safety!
****Right*****
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:14 pm
Unless the Stallions have a HUGE hangover, they could score as many as they want!

Rock Hill needs a complete colonoscopy!
This!

We all know what number is in our head 89-13.

It would take an act of God. I’ll go ahead and pray for RH to win just for a goof. If they win then I’ve got the Bat Phone to God.

“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

They called the game at half SP 35 RH 0

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

Thank God ! Time for change now! Don't think you wait another week!

Realist
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Realist »

I can't remember a game being called at the half. Why not schedule this game for Saturday night? Ozzie, Bill.... if yall don't do something there will be no fans on Friday nights. Coaching is the name of the game at the high school level. Get us a coach that can prepare and motivate these kids. Time for a change don't you think!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

BearcatsofRH
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by BearcatsofRH »

Realist wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 5:40 pm
I can't remember a game being called at the half. Why not schedule this game for Saturday night? Ozzie, Bill.... if yall don't do something there will be no fans on Friday nights. Coaching is the name of the game at the high school level. Get us a coach that can prepare and motivate these kids. Time for a change don't you think!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Likeitornot and Realist - Exactly right! What both of you said!

Plus, I can't believe I haven't heard about a particular coach "stepping down" yet today! Keep your job; I don't want to see anyone not have a job please understand that.
But, give up the reins of the Bearcats program to Moose Wallace the remainder of the season! Something!
He's an alum of RHH before anyone ask!
He was the 1st one at the RHH vs. SP game Saturday. 1st person at the stadium I was told. I know he hates to see his alma matter down like this.
At least, bring the man in some type of "quality assurance" role! Clearly he cares: "that is if he is willing to do it"!

I can't tell you how frustrating this is to watch! Fans of good programs that come across this - let this be a warning to you! Enjoy winning and never let it become so called: "routine"! Being in the basement sucks! Not being competitive sucks!
I don't expect State Championships yearly; but I do expect to see RHH field a competitive team!

Realist
Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Realist »

"I don't expect State Championships yearly; but I do expect to see RHH field a competitive team!"

Well, get use to not fielding a competitive team this year. Every game will probably be a blowout. The defense is as bad as I've seen at Rock Hill.