Byrnes Football?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Byrnes Football?

Post by likeitRnot »

Is Byrnes for real or is it just the smaller 3A teams making it seem that way?

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Re: Byrnes Football?

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I think it is about 30/70 good team but weaker opponents.

I could see 7-3 record and if this fall right, they might get to 8-2.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

likeitRnot wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:30 pm
Is Byrnes for real or is it just the smaller 3A teams making it seem that way?
I think it’s some of both. The offense needs to keep growing, but the defense, especially the back 7 is as good as anyone in the state. Every team Byrnes plays will struggle to throw the ball against them. The question is can they stop the run when pressed to and limit the mistakes that the teams of old never seem to make. If they can, then winning is December could easily happen, if not, it will be tough to make it to December.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I’m kind of wondering the same thing with Dorman. Unsure about the strength of opponent yet.

I’ll say Gaffney coaching is broken. Shockingly bad and stale. I don’t think anyone should have much trouble with then unless they can limp along on talent and sandlot ball.

The Greenwood game will tell me a lot. If Curtis can keep cranking out wins we might be in for a sparkle city classic. Oh wait. Spartanburg hasn’t won a game yet. :mrgreen:
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

likeitRnot
Byrnes Rebels

Post by likeitRnot »

DeCav wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:21 pm
I’m kind of wondering the same thing with Dorman. Unsure about the strength of opponent yet.

I’ll say Gaffney coaching is broken. Shockingly bad and stale. I don’t think anyone should have much trouble with then unless they can limp along on talent and sandlot ball.

The Greenwood game will tell me a lot. If Curtis can keep cranking out wins we might be in for a sparkle city classic. Oh wait. Spartanburg hasn’t won a game yet. :mrgreen:
Greenwood is not very good this year!

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

Well I’m hoping Greenwooed eagle2K will meet up with us. It should be a wild crew.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

DHSCavsFan
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DHSCavsFan »

DeCav wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:21 pm

River Bluff might be the toughest game until the last 3 of Byrnes, Gaffney, and Spartanburg.