Daniel BYE

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
stretch
Daniel Lions

Daniel BYE

Post by stretch »

This week my Lions have a BYE week and I have already got to see our next opponent Hart County play so I am going to treat myself. I will go to a game between two not so great teams. I am not sure which game I'll be going to yet but Berea-Carolina or Calhoun Falls-Spartanburg Christian seem like they are the worst options. If there are other game suggestions that you want me to go and watch I'd love to hear them.
Go Daniel Lions!!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: Daniel BYE

Post by DFOLDMAN »

stretch wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:58 pm
This week my Lions have a BYE week and I have already got to see our next opponent Hart County play so I am going to treat myself. I will go to a game between two not so great teams. I am not sure which game I'll be going to yet but Berea-Carolina or Calhoun Falls-Spartanburg Christian seem like they are the worst options. If there are other game suggestions that you want me to go and watch I'd love to hear them.
Pickens vs Southside sounds fairly awful to me....haha. The Feckless Flamers!

Fear The Fox...

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 6:33 pm
stretch wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:58 pm
Pickens vs Southside sounds fairly awful to me....haha. The Feckless Flamers!

Fear The Fox...
I'll pass on that game since I get to watch them play at Daniel. It will be the unofficial Pickens County Championship game. That championship is harder to win than region 2-5A.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Well no one out of region 2 5A has won a title in ten 10 years

Just sayin

I’m hitting either the Mauldin/Powdersville game

Or just go to Greenville/ Byrnes

Wouldn’t mind going watch Seneca /wren but wouldn’t know what side to sit on

Wren must be horrible
Didn’t realize they lost to Easley in a scrimmage
Yuck 🤢

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Greenville/Byrnes should tell a lot..

Hillcrest/Clover as well

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

I'll take Bye and 10 points!

It's been a Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog time since I was at Sirrine Stadium; but I plan to be there Friday Night! I think this might be a tough game for the Rebels after opening with two 3A teams that are good, but not really threats to challenge Daniel. Greenville will present more of a challenge and a slow start {like in the previous two games} could be a recipe for disaster for the Rebels. I do think that our Defense has improved significantly in the passing defense and is getting better against the run and Greenville will be more of a challenge and it should be a great measuring of that improvement. After two weeks of getting off to a slow first half by the offense and especially the QB, the Rebels better get off to a good start Friday!

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Me thinks Dan is afraid to run the Indians on the field at this point..would not surprise me bit if Hammond don’t give em a run if they have any discipline at all..:oops:

Maybe canceling the Wren scrimmage was a bad idea.. :idea:

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:20 am

It's been a Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog time since I was at Sirrine Stadium; but I plan to be there Friday Night! I think this might be a tough game for the Rebels after opening with two 3A teams that are good, but not really threats to challenge Daniel. Greenville will present more of a challenge and a slow start {like in the previous two games} could be a recipe for disaster for the Rebels. I do think that our Defense has improved significantly in the passing defense and is getting better against the run and Greenville will be more of a challenge and it should be a great measuring of that improvement. After two weeks of getting off to a slow first half by the offense and especially the QB, the Rebels better get off to a good start Friday!
I would have thought Brookland-Cayce could be a contender but losing by 8 TD's is a bad sign for any team. For Byrnes this week I think they'll take this one, Greenville gave the win away to Hanna last week with less than a minute to go. #2 Cook is having himself a great start to the season, don't think the Red Raiders have someone to cover him and keep up with him all night.
Go Daniel Lions!!

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

mikey wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:39 am
Me thinks Dan is afraid to run the Indians on the field at this point..would not surprise me bit if Hammond don’t give em a run if they have any discipline at all..:oops:

Maybe canceling the Wren scrimmage was a bad idea.. :idea:
Would have been a confidence builder scrimmage for Gaffney which for some teams is needed. Wren had enough of losing to us and didn't want us on the schedule. I guess losing to the same team 6 times in 4 seasons is too much to take for Coach Tate.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

:evil:
Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:20 am

If you were keeping up you would know that BYE needs at least 21 because Daniel had beaten everyone by that margin the last 3 years.