Mallard Creek(13) vs. South Pointe(16)

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.

Who YOu Got in This one?

Poll ended at Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:29 pm

Mallard Creek Mavs
No votes
South Pointe Stallions
100%

Total votes: 15

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Post by 5thqtr »

South Pointe is coming off a win over city rival Rock Hill in a half of football!
Mallard Creek is coming off a road loss down in #6 in the Nation, Buford, GA. They lost 56-7.

ON the ultrahighlights; them Buford Wolves was talking about how "when they play Georgia football they aren't ready for the physical and speed and how good and shhhhhhh"! Pahhh, lease Buford, GA! South Pointe took your $5,000 payout and went to Atlanta and spanked you at your own DEN! So, stop it! They had Christian Turner and Anthony Grant and 4 of 5 OL that went to SEC schools including the best one that went to Alabama!

What does that have to do with MC and SP? Nothing. The Buford players probably need some history lessons is all!

On to MC. As usual; they are big and athletic! SP won't be able to out-athlete them! Execution and playing well will have to factor in. Taking this opponent for the quality they are despite their last score is something else.
ThIe Stallions can often lose focus. They seem to play better when their backs are against the wall. Prosperity isn't the Stallion's friend sometimes.
I think MC was embarrassed last week and will come out like their hair is on fire Friday! "Maybe a good thing for the Stallions"! The way I see things is; "it's not about August football"! What are you doing when it's cold and rings are on the line?
With that said, "I think the Stallions win here"! The Mavs struggled against Myers Park but won 21-3. Myers Park turned around and got blanked by Catawba Ridge(Fort Mill). Something is going on at MC right this moment; I hope they don't figure it out until after we play.
Because they certainly have some good talent on their roster!

Looking at the Maxpreps top 10 and seeing SFA (in Baltimore, MD)and Buford(Atlanta) as top 10 opponents and knowing SP played and beat and should have beaten both on their home field "warms the heart"! https://www.maxpreps.com/football/rankings/1/
Last edited by 5thqtr on Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN
Beaufort Eagles

Re: Mallard Creek vs. South Pointe

Post by BEAUFORTEAGLESFAN »

I think South Pointe will win this game. Good luck to the Stallions!!!!

GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!
Beaufort Head Football Coach Bryce Lybrand is 41-17 after his 5th Season at Beaufort
2022 3A State Football Champions
3 State Titles in Football
I have attended 624 Beaufort Football Games
GO BEAUFORT EAGLES!!!!

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Look a lot PF’s..

That said SP wins..

Greerfan1
Greer Yellow Jackets

Post by Greerfan1 »

South Pointe should confidently win this game. I'm thinking 35-10 type of game. Too much speed on offense for the Stallions, and Mallard Creek's passing game just isn't there yet this season.

Cover Three
No Team Affiliation

Post by Cover Three »

Don't see this game being close. Mallard Creek's program currently is a far cry from the powerhouse they had in the past.
But enjoy this while you can SP fans. The slip is coming to you also.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

mikey wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:22 am
Look a lot PF’s..

That said SP wins..
Yes

and

Yes

Could be a lot of flags and hopefully the coaches and zebras will keep it under control and not let it get out of hand. Two teams with a lot of pride and I think there may be a little talking going on...

When it is all said and done, I think that South Pointe is going to prevail.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Post by 5thqtr »

What a football game.

Mallard Creek is big! Big Big.

They must have just gotten intimidated down there in the Buford Wolves Den. IF they had some tight coaching, no doubt they contend for a state championship in NC.

A ugly win; is better than a pretty loss.

Good win Stallions!
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Re: Mallard Creek(13) vs. South Pointe(16)

Post by 5thqtr »

Shout out to "little DK"! Big Time players make plays in big time moments!

Great catch at the back of the endzone. Nice pass on a tough night by Marshall as well!

But, the defense won the day to me. The safety and stopping the Mavs consistently was great.

Jonathan Williams and A.J. Miller - Barksdale - the whole D just made plays. Shout out to the D.

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojangrad78 »

Congrats to the Stallions!

Wildstallion2
South Pointe Stallions

Post by Wildstallion2 »