Southside Christain at Abbeville

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
1fan
Emerald Vikings

Southside Christain at Abbeville

Post by 1fan »

Southside C. has lost the first 2 games .this Friday will make it 3.Panthers all the way.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Re: Southside Christain at Abbeville

Post by *Topcat* »

SC has lost to two good teams, hopefully it'll be three this week. Very tough, physical game last week for Abbeville, also very long game. We put up 500 yds and 44 points on 3rd ranked team in 3A. wasn't enough. Need to bounce back with some energy this week. SC is a proven, worthy opponent.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

*Topcat* wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:14 pm
SC has lost to two good teams, hopefully it'll be three this week. Very tough, physical game last week for Abbeville, also very long game. We put up 500 yds and 44 points on 3rd ranked team in 3A. wasn't enough. Need to bounce back with some energy this week. SC is a proven, worthy opponent.
Powdersville is #4 in 3a although poll rankings don’t matter

Right?

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Ddub14 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:29 am
*Topcat* wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:14 pm
Powdersville is #4 in 3a although poll rankings don’t matter

Right?
They were #3 when we played them. It was a point of reference, I don't make the polls, nor do I care about them. Let me fix it for you, Powdersville, one of the better 3A teams in upstate. There.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Ok a couple of things.
1) They were not 3 nor have they’ve been 3 at any point this season.
2) You say you don’t care about pills except when you use them to bolster your argument. You can’t have it both ways.

I do agree they are one of the better 3a teams in the upper state. Probably 2nd or 3rd best.

That was a good loss by Abbeville and will help them later on in the year.

That being said I’ve watched both of Oceanside’s games on YouTube against Gray and South Florence and there’s a big gap between them and everyone else at this point in the season. Their loss to one of the best teams in any classification by a point , in a game they controlled for a majority of the game is a better result than Abbevilles loss at home to a good team but not at the level of a south Florence.

Oceanside also destroyed Gray. You know what that means

All that aside if it comes down to Abbeville or Saluda or some public school against OC you can bet your bottom dollar I’ll be rooting for the old school guys.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Ddub14 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:36 pm
Ok a couple of things.
1) They were not 3 nor have they’ve been 3 at any point this season.
2) You say you don’t care about pills except when you use them to bolster your argument. You can’t have it both ways.

I do agree they are one of the better 3a teams in the upper state. Probably 2nd or 3rd best.

That was a good loss by Abbeville and will help them later on in the year.

That being said I’ve watched both of Oceanside’s games on YouTube against Gray and South Florence and there’s a big gap between them and everyone else at this point in the season. Their loss to one of the best teams in any classification by a point , in a game they controlled for a majority of the game is a better result than Abbevilles loss at home to a good team but not at the level of a south Florence.

Oceanside also destroyed Gray. You know what that means

All that aside if it comes down to Abbeville or Saluda or some public school against OC you can bet your bottom dollar I’ll be rooting for the old school guys.
My local paper said they were #3, seldom do I even look at polls. I don't doubt what you say, will take your word for it. These ''Collegiate"" schools in 2a are becoming an issue, we all know how they operate. Wasn't OC in 3A last year? IMO they should all have to play one class up. I say that even though we have beaten Gray 2 of last 3 years. They have advantages no doubt.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Yes OC was in 3a last year
Lost to Dillon in 3rd round.
They would probably be the favorites in the lower state this year in 3a as well.
Them playing up in classification would make no difference.
They won multiple titles in 3a sports last year as well.
Cost Daniel a state championship in Boys Tennis last year.
They could compete in all the Olympic sports in all classifications. Look how competitive they were against 4A S Florence. Who is a top 3-4 school in 4A this year.

I agree that it should be addressed. I think almost half the state titles in 1-3a were won by private schools last year.

*Topcat*
Abbeville Panthers

Post by *Topcat* »

Abbeville jumped out 21-0, SC bounced back in 2nd half, Abb offense got a little stale, but, we're also playing back up QB. He did a good job. SC is still a very good team in 1A, probably still the team to beat, just have played very tough schedule. We have Westside this week, who just destroyed T L Hanna last night, after losing to BHP last week. Tough game for us, need to get healthy.

1fan
Emerald Vikings

Post by 1fan »

*Topcat* wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:07 pm
Abbeville jumped out 21-0, SC bounced back in 2nd half, Abb offense got a little stale, but, we're also playing back up QB. He did a good job. SC is still a very good team in 1A, probably still the team to beat, just have played very tough schedule. We have Westside this week, who just destroyed T L Hanna last night, after losing to BHP last week. Tough game for us, need to get healthy.
I was at the this game.i go to different games every week but Abbeville is one of my favorites.any idea when Zay Rayford will be back.that young man has got some wheels.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

*Topcat* wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:07 pm
That will be an interesting game next week and will clear up a lot about a whole lot of teams. The win westside was surprising especially the margin . May say more about BHP who destroyed Laurens last night . But who hasn’t destroyed laurens so far . It will be a good comparison of those schools and powdersville as well.
Good luck to the panthers. Not an Early fan!