Rock Hill Bearcats

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Maniac
Rock Hill Bearcats

Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by Maniac »

I watched some of the South Pointe game’s recordings and South Pointe players are recorded claiming Rock Hill forfeited as a reaction right after the game. I’m not trying to beat a dead horse. Just stating what I saw. However, watching the game RH had two goal line sequences to score and couldn’t and had at least 3 turnovers in that half.

What is pretty obvious is that they don’t look anything like the Bearcats of old. They look more like a 1a school physically. South Pointe looks more like the Bearcats of old. Strong and fast. RH players don’t appear to have hit the weights much in the offseason and that looks to be a contributing factor to their fumbling problems as well. RH does look to have some naturally athletic players at the skills position on offense and defense and their interior offensive line looks to be a strength.

BearcatsofRH
Rock Hill Bearcats

Re: Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by BearcatsofRH »

Yep, I agree!.

SSC for the Bearcats leave a ton to be desired. AS you said, "we have some good looking athletes if we can get them in a SSC program" it could pay dividends. I think we suffer from a "woe is me syndrome". Making an excuse of no athletes and not looking at what is there and shaping and molding them. I.E. "Coaching"!

Accountability for showing up! Doing the extra stuff to get kids to workouts like meeting with parents or getting kids and picking them up,etc. Whatever!
They certainly were not in the same shape as a whole as anybody else at the jamboree. And, i'm talking about top to bottom, not individuals. There were some good looking athletes on RH. My guess is they were the committed kids who did it themselves or had good people pushing them. Those coaches who win even with less talent than other teams get more kids in the weight room in the offseason.
We didn't look conditioned "in general".

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Rock Hill Bearcats

Post by DeCav »

The Bad News Bear Cats

If you'd like, I'll apply for athletic director. If nothing else, I can have them play this as their new theme and the fans can have fun with this.

Oh, and I could hire a kick ass coaching staff and get along with them.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson