Daniel’s gloomy future!

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Daniel’s gloomy future!

Post by Ddub14 »

7893DE4C-7BB7-4539-9940-1D62B24F8F2F.png

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Re: Daniel’s gloomy future!

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:33 pm
7893DE4C-7BB7-4539-9940-1D62B24F8F2F.png

Daniel has a very good future, but Daniel’s Jv team played Byrnes 9th grade team last night, not Byrnes’ JV team I know Daniel is 3a, but I expected that outcome with the teams involved. I don’t believe Daniel has a C Team, so they had 9th graders on the field probably, but as a whole the Daniel team was expected to win.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Lol really wasn’t a swipe at Byrnes. Was more of a compliment due to Byrnes being an established program.That being said you must not understand the semantics of 3a ball . That team Daniel fielded was 90% 9th graders as well. 10 th graders at Daniel play at the varsity because of the numbers. Now the last few years those numbers have increased and that 9th grade class has about 40 players , which at a school the size of Daniel is huge. Most classes your lucky to get 25 . They do have an 8th grade and a 7th grade team now because the numbers have grown. So that game last night was a pretty even game.

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:18 am
Lol really wasn’t a swipe at Byrnes. Was more of a compliment due to Byrnes being an established program.That being said you must not understand the semantics of 3a ball . That team Daniel fielded was 90% 9th graders as well. 10 th graders at Daniel play at the varsity because of the numbers. Now the last few years those numbers have increased and that 9th grade class has about 40 players , which at a school the size of Daniel is huge. Most classes your lucky to get 25 . They do have an 8th grade and a 7th grade team now because the numbers have grown. So that game last night was a pretty even game.
I know it wasn't a swipe, I was just stating that Daniel had way more players than Byrnes did. I clearly understand, I pretty much said that exact thing in my first post. I noticed on the Daniel Varsity roster, they only have about 10 Soph. on the varsity roster. So, its either a small class or you have quite a few on your JV.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Wear that shirt, Dub!

FYI
DF JV 26
Spartanburg JV 0

DF JV 48
Ashley Ridge JV 0

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Like I said we have a huge 9th grade class.
And I was shocked at the size of the 7th and 8th grade teams we have coming up.
I think the 1991 state championship team had 35 players total on it. These classes have like 50 plus . The talent that is about to come through there is going to dwarf what we have now, that’s the scary thing . My original post was really for some doubters and some haters on this site that are always posting about wait til Daniel goes back to 4A. My point being we will be just fine. Good luck to Byrnes the rest of the year and respect for taking the game.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:45 am
Ddub14 wrote:
Wear that shirt, Dub!

FYI
DF JV 26
Spartanburg JV 0

DF JV 48
Ashley Ridge JV 0

Fear The Fox...
I’ll be mean and lean in green tonight in Greenville.

Well maybe not the lean part.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

What would a Dorman/Daniel contest look like?

I'm honestly curious. I often thought those lower class championship game looked a lot more crisp and explosive. Almost like a globetrotter type execution.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

We run the same system as Northwestern.

But we’ve been running it for two years longer than they have. They have the architect of that system though.

So take that for what it’s worth.

Just put it this way

I wish we would sign up for that game yesterday. Just to see.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

We don’t tire if anything it’s the other way
Our offense gets your lineman and lbs moving from side to side so much they gas out somewhere in the second quarter.
We also dress out about 60 players on varsity and have depth.
You may have the size on us
But we rely on quickness and if you can’t hang with us early on , that’s trouble.

We’ve scored under 30 points only 4 times since 2018
48-3 in those games
1-3 in the games we scored less than 30

So that’s the key