Dorman/Greenwood 0-0

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Re: Dorman/Greenwood 0-0

Post by DeCav »

The story with the Cavs, and I would love to hear an Eagle's perspective is that what I saw was a very penetrating defense for Dorman. Not sure QB's are getting enough time against Dorman's D.

Just a theory. Again, Greenville is bad. North Augusta is bad. Greenwood obviously isn't competitive. Maybe the Cavs just have one of the weaker schedules. Maybe that's on purpose. Historically it hasn't worked. Still, Greenville seemed very grateful to have the opportunity to play us.

Daniel might have that same desire as well.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

Amazing how all the Greenwood fans have grown SILENT since they are now 0-3. I am going to go out on a limb and predict they lose 2-3 more games this season. Hometown heroes are not getting it done and Emerald just might have the best record in Greenwood this year. This loss and the previous 2 (133 pts scored by opponents vs 55 by Home team) again prove that they are not ready to be in AAAAA. The question now is when will the sharks start eating their young and want a new head coach. :lol: :lol: :lol:

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

8-)
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

No Fly Zone
Emerald Vikings

Post by No Fly Zone »

Damefan wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:09 am
Amazing how all the Greenwood fans have grown SILENT since they are now 0-3. I am going to go out on a limb and predict they lose 2-3 more games this season. Hometown heroes are not getting it done and Emerald just might have the best record in Greenwood this year. This loss and the previous 2 (133 pts scored by opponents vs 55 by Home team) again prove that they are not ready to be in AAAAA. The question now is when will the sharks start eating their young and want a new head coach. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Emerald will be lucky to win another game

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

Damefan wrote:
I asked Greenwood fans earlier this year how they thought Liner was going to produce a contender in Greenwood after never producing one at Ninety Six or Laurens. I got SILENCE. And look at Ninety Six, a great coach was fired there to make the job available for Owings once he got a few years experience and look at the catastrophic failure that he is. Same with Emerald, hand it off from a losing father to a losing son. These cliques are ruining football in the Lakelands, only Abbeville has a respectable team. It's far past time to clean house at all 3 of these schools and start over. None of these coaches will ever produce a winning program, they don't know how. They are clique promoted losers.

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

I realize most will not agree, but the only realistic way Greenwood returns to their previous glory status is to merge Emerald and Greenwood back into one school. They have talented athletes at both schools but the split has hurt them like so many others have experienced. The split was not necessary.

I have not understood why schools that hope to win continue to hire mediocrity for coaches. Just like North Augusta hired a .500 winning pct winning coach. Kids today are different, and unless you are an established winning coach and can change the culture you can’t expect to see greatness without inspiration. Just imagine what Tom Knotts could do with some losing schools talent with his reputation. Joe Turbeville saw the handwriting when he left Spring Valley after winning several State Championship, and ultimately ended up at Irmo and won another. I don’t remember if John McKissick ever won another State Championship after splitting Summerville.

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

DeCav wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:18 am
8-)
I thought you had left the board. No one has heard from you in forever. I know you couldn't wait to celebrate this time. Don't worry about us we'll be fine. Worry about the overseas football team y'all are dealing with. Lol. Hell. At least they scored this time instead of getting shut out 52-0. And we've yet to lose to an Easley type team as the previous person did.

Greenwood97
Greenwood Eagles

Post by Greenwood97 »

Damefan wrote:
Welcome back to the boards Damefan! You been hiding and silent for way too long now. We glad to have you back sir! And for Greenwood, we will be just fine. We just played three very good football teams. We will bounce back next week and have a better showing at North Augusta. We got some things to work out for sure. You can't fumble the ball against really good football teams and expect to win the game. Still plenty of football left we will see how things shape out. I hope you still around at the end of the season. Go Eagles!
Last edited by Greenwood97 on Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenwood97
Greenwood Eagles

Post by Greenwood97 »

Damefan wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:50 pm
I realize most will not agree, but the only realistic way Greenwood returns to their previous glory status is to merge Emerald and Greenwood back into one school. They have talented athletes at both schools but the split has hurt them like so many others have experienced. The split was not necessary.

I have not understood why schools that hope to win continue to hire mediocrity for coaches. Just like North Augusta hired a .500 winning pct winning coach. Kids today are different, and unless you are an established winning coach and can change the culture you can’t expect to see greatness without inspiration. Just imagine what Tom Knotts could do with some losing schools talent with his reputation. Joe Turbeville saw the handwriting when he left Spring Valley after winning several State Championship, and ultimately ended up at Irmo and won another. I don’t remember if John McKissick ever won another State Championship after splitting Summerville.
Merging both schools would probably be a bad idea right now with all the gang violence going on. They should never split the schools in the first place.

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

Haven’t gone anywhere, actually was in your fine town 2 weeks ago Monday. Enjoyed my visit playing golf and went to practice with my brother in law. The comments I heard were pretty much the same a greenjewel said. The folks were wondering just how the town would react to a multiple loss season this year. Going to be interesting, and I agree they never should have split the schools.

On the comments about a team oversea I am not sure what you are referring to. I am playing in lot of golf and have my hdcp in single digits now. Already been to a couple games including the Fort vs Eagles game. Teams in the AAAAA lower state area are not that strong this season. Oceanside looks interesting, and Summerville is playing well. Competition is lacking though. Looking forward to seeing how Fort and Dutch Fork fare this weekend.

Have a great year everyone. Golf has become my fixation now. Maybe I will see you at a game soon.