Dorman/Greenwood 0-0

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Re: Dorman/Greenwood 0-0

Post by eagle93 »

Damefan wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:27 pm
Haven’t gone anywhere, actually was in your fine town 2 weeks ago Monday. Enjoyed my visit playing golf and went to practice with my brother in law. The comments I heard were pretty much the same a greenjewel said. The folks were wondering just how the town would react to a multiple loss season this year. Going to be interesting, and I agree they never should have split the schools.

On the comments about a team oversea I am not sure what you are referring to. I am playing in lot of golf and have my hdcp in single digits now. Already been to a couple games including the Fort vs Eagles game. Teams in the AAAAA lower state area are not that strong this season. Oceanside looks interesting, and Summerville is playing well. Competition is lacking though. Looking forward to seeing how Fort and Dutch Fork fare this weekend.

Have a great year everyone. Golf has become my fixation now. Maybe I will see you at a game soon.
All smack talking aside Dame. Most of us knew it was going to be tough with the non region schedule that is in place. They definitely have some things to work on. Better than playing easy games and thinking you're better than you really are in my opinion. They know what they need to work on. In all fairness to the talk about 2 separate schools, both Dula and Cathcart we're able to win championships regardless of there being 2 high schools. Enjoy your golf. It is peaceful for sure.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

eagle93 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 1:26 pm
DeCav wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:18 am
8-)
I thought you had left the board. No one has heard from you in forever. I know you couldn't wait to celebrate this time. Don't worry about us we'll be fine. Worry about the overseas football team y'all are dealing with. Lol. Hell. At least they scored this time instead of getting shut out 52-0. And we've yet to lose to an Easley type team as the previous person did.
Did you quote the wrong person? The whole post I've been trying to understand why you didn't think I'd been on the board.
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

DeCav wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:06 pm
eagle93 wrote:
DeCav wrote:
8-)
I thought you had left the board. No one has heard from you in forever. I know you couldn't wait to celebrate this time. Don't worry about us we'll be fine. Worry about the overseas football team y'all are dealing with. Lol. Hell. At least they scored this time instead of getting shut out 52-0. And we've yet to lose to an Easley type team as the previous person did.
Did you quote the wrong person? The whole post I've been trying to understand why you didn't think I'd been on the board.
I did. Lol. My bad.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

eagle93 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:32 pm
DeCav wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
DeCav wrote:
8-)
I did. Lol. My bad.

No worries. Good luck with the rest of the season! I think SC is really pulling for Greenwood!
“Win as if you were used to it, lose as if you enjoyed it for a change.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

eagle93
Greenwood Eagles

Post by eagle93 »

DeCav wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:11 pm
eagle93 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:32 pm
DeCav wrote:
eagle93 wrote:
DeCav wrote:
8-)
I did. Lol. My bad.

No worries. Good luck with the rest of the season! I think SC is really pulling for Greenwood!
It is what it is. There is stuff to work on.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

IT could be worse. You could be Gaffney.

Not a swipe at the fans either. I feel like I'm watching my friends having to live under an evil dictatorship. It occurs to me to wonder what would happen if Blacksburg folks treated the Gaffney administration offices like the Capital building. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I need to sit down and recaption this video with subtitles. Not sure who the other characters are, but I'm definitely Bluto in this clip.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

I don't think the fact that Greenwood lost to Dorman is what is concerning, the score is what is concerning. Had Greenwood at least had a respectable showing it would be different, but they didn't.

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

greenjewel wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:41 pm
I don't think the fact that Greenwood lost to Dorman is what is concerning, the score is what is concerning. Had Greenwood at least had a respectable showing it would be different, but they didn't.
I think you have a point. To add to that they should have scored more on our subs.

Dorman once again doesn’t seem like the old Cavs that would have a flat quarter. Who would be our real first test? Byrnes? What if Byrnes and Dorman are two underrated teams fighting not to be the worst of the two?

DeCav
Dorman Cavaliers

Post by DeCav »

I think after watching DF today, they are the best team in the state. Are they beatable? Yep. Are they the best DF team we’ve seen? Nope. Are they still the best? Yes. 2 times out of three they’ll win.