West-Oak vs South Carolina Spartans

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
stretch
Daniel Lions

West-Oak vs South Carolina Spartans

Post by stretch »

After a week of reviewing the options of the worst games around the state this one is definitely the one I will be attending. According to MaxPreps rankings West-Oak is #238 and South Carolina Spartans are dead last.

My Lions share a region with West-Oak so I’ll be scouting them very intently so I can confirm my suspicions that they are not good. They come in to the game with a 1-1 record with a win against Fountain Inn, a first year varsity team. Their loss was to Carolina last week on a Saturday morning.

South Carolina Spartans are a team in the Pioneer League that is made up of kids that are either homeschooled or go to private school where they don’t have a football program. They are based in Football City USA and it looks like they’ve had teams going back to 2013 and they’ve had some good teams during their short time playing. But last season it was horrible for them only scoring 19 points and giving up 256 in 7 games. Their only game so far this year was a 44-0 loss to the Carrabus Stallions who is also in their league.

When I purchased these tickets I was surprised to find out that it’s a double header tonight with the Varsity and JV teams. I didn’t think West-Oak had enough kids playing football to field a JV team but I’ll be at both games to get my $8 worth of football for tonight.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: West-Oak vs South Carolina Spartans

Post by Ddub14 »

Stretch I’m expecting an extensive accounting of the west oak ballers errrrr warriors.

I think the Fountain inn jv fury vs the crescent varsity could also be a cliffhanger

I hope Seneca puts a running clock on the cants( not misspelled or autocorrect)

Would like to go see Powdersville/Mauldin as well but I’ll think I’ll wait til the week we play the juggernaut called the Pendleton bulldogs .

So so bad

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

I know nothing about them, but somebody please explain why West Oak seems to be the worst team in any classification in the upstate year after year. Not expecting state championships, but everybody around them at least has a good hear every now and then.

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

Very little community pride in the football team so they don’t get very much booster money. Their best players in youth programs used to always end up on Seneca. Now it’s either Seneca or Walhalla since Padgett Johnson got hired there. They have good athletes there but they just don’t want to play football. They went to state for baseball 2 years ago and they consistently win state titles in wrestling but no one there cares for football.
Go Daniel Lions!!

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

We’re about 15 minutes from kickoff and the Spartans have yet to even begin warmups. They’re still inside the locker room and I’m not sure how many players they even have here playing tonight.
Go Daniel Lions!!

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

End of the first half. 43-0 West-Oak.
South Carolina Spartans only have 13 players. They are as good as a team with 13 players should be but they are worse because I’ve watched for the entire half the only coach they have constantly arguing with players. You got undisciplined players and a coach that can’t control them and that should equal disaster. But they are playing West-Oak who are so bad they can’t score on every time they have touched the ball but somehow they haven’t. It should honestly be 100-0 but that’s just West-Oak.
Go Daniel Lions!!

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

If people are coming to football games here at West-Oak just to see the band then they probably leave more disappointed than the football fans. I wish there was something positive to say about the game tonight.
Go Daniel Lions!!

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

56-0 Starting the 4th South Carolina Spartans only have 10 healthy players left but the game is still going on.
Go Daniel Lions!!

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

63-0 West-Oak win. Calhoun Falls better watch out.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Damn stretch it sounds so bad it had to be entertainment to watch. I went to the Greenville/Byrnes game. I won’t say what I really want to say but put it this way, I wish our schedule was different. Bad play calls and undisciplined is what comes to mind especially with one team.
Looking forward to the champs getting back to action next week.