Bad coaching at Greenville?

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Bad coaching at Greenville?

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

Man I seen the most boneheaded coaching tonight how the heck you don't make some adjustments and a change at QB man the Booster Club need to have a meeting with Porter Monday

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Re: Bad coaching at Greenville?

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:26 pm
Man I seen the most boneheaded coaching tonight how the heck you don't make some adjustments and a change at QB man the Booster Club need to have a meeting with Porter Monday

Probably should get the DC in on that meeting too because Byrnes could have hung 75-80 on them tonight if they had wanted to.

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:52 pm
Red Raiders 02 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:26 pm

Probably should get the DC in on that meeting too because Byrnes could have hung 75-80 on them tonight if they had wanted to.
The sad thing is Poter is the DC smh

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

The game was 1 point difference with 6 seconds to go in the first half . Greenville was running all over Byrnes when they committed to running . But their stupid play calling didn’t allow for success. Greenville also is the worst tackling team I’ve seen so far this year and that includes Eastside
The kid that basically was scared to hit the Byrnes kick returner at the beginning of the second half should have a long talking too. Couple that with zero defense on the outside and a lot of bad penalties and it’s a mixture for disaster.

Byrnes has a real problem up front on defense. They are small and can be pounded . Again if I was a team that can run ( do you hear me Dorman ) I would strongly commit to the run against them.

They do have dangerous playmakers on offense but you can get pressure on their QB . You just need your corners to not give up on plays like Greenville’s dbs did all night.

Finally I would say I watched a team basically quit on itself tonight. They may have a lot of talent but that was disheartening to see.

Red Raiders 02
Greenville Red Raiders

Post by Red Raiders 02 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:04 pm
The game was 1 point difference with 6 seconds to go in the first half . Greenville was running all over Byrnes when they committed to running . But their stupid play calling didn’t allow for success. Greenville also is the worst tackling team I’ve seen so far this year and that includes Eastside
The kid that basically was scared to hit the Byrnes kick returner at the beginning of the second half should have a long talking too. Couple that with zero defense on the outside and a lot of bad penalties and it’s a mixture for disaster.

Byrnes has a real problem up front on defense. They are small and can be pounded . Again if I was a team that can run ( do you hear me Dorman ) I would strongly commit to the run against them.

They do have dangerous playmakers on offense but you can get pressure on their QB . You just need your corners to not give up on plays like Greenville’s dbs did all night.

Finally I would say I watched a team basically quit on itself tonight. They may have a lot of talent but that was disheartening to see.
Terrible Terrible Terrible this was the worst I've seen since the Crane Era at Greenville

Blister
No Team Affiliation

Post by Blister »

Porters forte is recruiting and playing on emotion. In game strategy has never been a strong point. Greenville is fine as long as they can just out talent folks as is often the case. Especially the mostly week Greenville County teams.

Indian14
No Team Affiliation

Post by Indian14 »

It’s amazing that his recruiting is overlooked. Why is it not questioned by Grenville County School District or the SCHSL?

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Because those don't care enough to dig in. But there are those that do know enough to make decisions based on it.