Sumter through 3 games

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Sumter through 3 games

Post by bbrown1240 »

So far I believe every non-region team on our schedule will make the playoffs. Can’t be better than 3-0 but we are young and have a lot to room to grow. Losing Monteque Rhames didn’t help. We need to figure out some creative ways to generate a pass rush. Secondary has played well for the most part. Junior QB Pate Merchant has been good and will continue to get better. I like our speed at WR. I think we should pass the ball more. I know traditionally we’re run heavy but we’re playing two sophomores as our top two running backs. They don’t possess that varsity level punch and speed yet but they have looked really good at times. Some youth on the o-line as well, and probably lost our center last night for an extended period.Overall we just need more reps. We’re inside an important stretch with our next 3 games. Crestwood is going to play us tough but I think we find a way to win. Oceanside will be a toss up…wouldn’t be surprised if they beat us. Summerville has looked really good…it will take a great game from us to beat them. I’d like to see us come out no worse than 2-1 in that stretch and we’re playing good football going into region.

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Re: Sumter through 3 games

Post by GoBigGreen »

Really looking forward to our week 4 match up with Sumter. Should be a great game!!!

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

Gamecocks by 42-14

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

GoBigGreen
Summerville Green Wave

Post by GoBigGreen »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:40 pm
Gamecocks by 42-14
:mrgreen: We will see. Thus far our D has looked very good. Our starters have outscored our opponents 76-0. Wando this Friday and then the match up with the Gamecocks.

mikey
Gaffney Indians

Post by mikey »

Statement game for both..

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

Hopefully we work some things out offensively over the next couple of weeks. I see signs of what we could be. I think our problem right now is being able to score enough points to beat a team like Summerville. Too many self inflicted wounds right now.

SHS Gamecock Fan
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by SHS Gamecock Fan »

Sumter is again depending on our defense. Our offense is 1 dimensional again this year. We need to establish a passing game down field. Especially when we play against good teams and for the payoffs. We will only go as far as our defense will take us. We have to make teams respect our passing game to do what we do best and that is trying to run the ball down the other team's throat. If we don't then it will be another typical Sumter Football Season (Winning the Horry County Region and make a little noise in the playoffs until we play a really good defensive team that will key on our running game.)