4A Region 3.....

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

4A Region 3.....

Post by trojangrad78 »

For what it's worth, 4A Region 3 is combined 15-1 right now. Catawba Ridge, South Pointe, Northwestern, and Indian Land are undefeated and Lancaster has the region's only loss.

Now I know this will not continue, but just thought it "interesting" at this point in the season.

5thqtr
South Pointe Stallions

Re: 4A Region 3.....

Post by 5thqtr »

trojangrad78 wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:39 pm
For what it's worth, 4A Region 3 is combined 15-1 right now. Catawba Ridge, South Pointe, Northwestern, and Indian Land are undefeated and Lancaster has the region's only loss.

Now I know this will not continue, but just thought it "interesting" at this point in the season.
Catawba Ridge beating Myers Park so handily like they did has been an early season "eye catcher" to me. Myers Park is usually big and athletic. Going to be some good match ups no doubt! I believe is also 2-0 after beating NaFo and Union County.

No rest for the weary!
Choose to Lead or you should choose to "get out the way" of those who will lead!

Chanbuta
No Team Affiliation

Post by Chanbuta »

You forgot York

trojangrad78
Northwestern Trojans

Post by trojangrad78 »

Chanbuta wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:17 pm
You forgot York
Oops. Totally unintentionally. I live in York! :shock:

sparked_up
Northwestern Trojans

Post by sparked_up »

Region 3 4A non-region take.

In general the non-region schedules for all the teams in the region are turning out to be weak, or all these teams are really good. I am not convinced they are all really good, just none are bad.

After the 5 non-region games are complete we probably won’t know much about the region as a whole.

York will either be 4-1 or 5-0 with the Clover game being their only test. NaFo and Rock Hill won’t generate enough offense to make these games interesting.

Catawba Ridge will be 5-0. Chester may challenge them some. CR seems stingy on defense but the teams they have played aren’t very good so we will see.

Indian Land may be 5-0. We will see if Parkwood is any good. Nobody they have played looks any good and again IL has only given up 14 points.

Lancaster has one loss and I know nothing about Fairfield Central or White Knoll. The two remaining teams are a combined 5-1 so we will see how that goes. It’s not terribly impressive that even in a win they gave up 38 to Rock Hill. October may be a tough months for the Bruins.

SP the Stallions tried to put together a tough non-con schedule with MC, Gaffney and South Florence. The Gaffney faithful seem less than impressed with what they are seeing right now. SF should be a good test and MC was a struggle. I suspect 5-0 will be their record heading into region play and the defense is a s good as it always is at SP.

Northwestern should be 5-0 after region play. The one question mark is still Gaffney. Before the season I thought the non-con schedule was balanced with wins, challenges and a tough opponent. So far the offense looks unstoppable having set 2 school records already (most pts in a game and most total points in 3 games). The Clover game got scary after a 26-0 lead. Trojans took their foot off the gas and made it interesting. NaFo will look like the last 3 weeks and then Gaffney. Unless something clicks that game could look a lot like SP to open the season.

No doubt the teams who make the playoffs from this region will make noise come November. I suspect 4 first round wins and possibly 3 of the final 4 in upper state as well as the eventual upper state and 4A champion will come from this region.

October should be way better than September.