Revised 2022 SCHSL Football Playoff Brackets posted

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
SCPrepTalk
Site Admin

Revised 2022 SCHSL Football Playoff Brackets posted

Post by SCPrepTalk »

2022 SCHSL Football Playoff Brackets posted
:arrow: https://schsl.org/brackets

2A revised - 14 Sept
4A revised - 27 Sept

ByrnesRebels05
Byrnes Rebels

Re: 2022 SCHSL Football Playoff Brackets posted

Post by ByrnesRebels05 »

SCPrepTalk wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:45 am

Well, 5A will be decided before Columbia. Fort Dorchester must have paid someone at the state league to work that out. All the big boys are in the upper state. Also, only 3 teams are guaranteed from Regions with 5 teams is a joke. Jerome needs to be canned.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

So, 3A Lower State bracket has Camden & Dillon in the same side of the bracket, with Camden (Region 6) holding Home Field Advantage for that "potential" clash of titans. Also, Gilbert and Beaufort are in the same side of the bracket, opposite Camden & Dillon, with Beaufort (Region 8) holding Home Field Advantage in that half. The Camden/Dillon winner would host the Gilbert/Beaufort winner for the Lower State Championship game.

Not trying to overlook anyone, but rather just musing over what I think that I know just 4 weeks into the season. To say that 3A Lower State is a murderer's row, would be a gross understatement. Teams like Crestwood, Hanahan, Phillip Simmons, and others, who have impressed in the early going, add to an already loaded Lower State Bracket. There could be some mismatches in the First Round, but thereafter, lace em' up tight boys, cause there are going to be some really good teams going home early on because of the depth of competition in this Classification.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

I would say at this point Crestwood would be favored in that region. There is a comparable score in Gray collegiate.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

ByrnesRebels05 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:30 am
SCPrepTalk wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:45 am

Well, 5A will be decided before Columbia. Fort Dorchester must have paid someone at the state league to work that out. All the big boys are in the upper state. Also, only 3 teams are guaranteed from Regions with 5 teams is a joke. Jerome needs to be canned.
Y’all keep playing like you did against Greer you can slide into that upstate at large spot

SF Band dad
South Florence Bruins

Post by SF Band dad »

Interesting. They didn't use a hybrid model in 4A. Regions 1-4 (22 teams) are upper state, regions 5-7 (18 teams) are lower.

The upper state bracket is "classic": 4 teams from each of the 4 regions. The region 3 champion will play at home as long as they keep winning, but could face the region 3 runner up in the 3rd round.

There are 2 at-large berths in the lower state bracket. They've identified them as "Lower at Large" but I'm wondering if those could be upper state teams as well, since upper state has 22% more teams. :?:

All three lower state regions have 6 teams, but region 5 only gets 4 automatic berths while regions 6 and 7 each get 5. :?

That lower state bracket is favorable to the region 6 champion. :)
They will play at home as long as they keep winning. They won't face another region champion before the lower-state final.
The region 6 runner up will probably be on the road after the first round and will have to battle through the half of the bracket with the region 5 and 7 champions.

Rebel-Fan-74
Byrnes Rebels
Location: On the banks of the Tyger River and those banks are rising..

Post by Rebel-Fan-74 »

There are too many teams in the 5A bracket. 32 of 36

As for the placement, you can argue all day about that either way.

--

I woke up this morning, that's a positive!
Right now I am vertical, on top of the grass
and I don't hear harp music! All good things!

--

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Rebel-Fan-74 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:36 pm
There are too many teams in the 5A bracket. 32 of 36

As for the placement, you can argue all day about that either way.
I'll argue that there are not ENOUGH teams in SC for 5 divisions.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

I agree with this assessment
The first rounds in all these should be eliminated
Give the schools back an 11th game like it used to be

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:04 pm
I agree with this assessment
The first rounds in all these should be eliminated
Give the schools back an 11th game like it used to be
Damn it! Another poster actually agreeing with me......AGAIN! I have been saying this since the SCHSL did that in 2020 during the 1st Covid shortened season. The playoffs were far more competitive, and I proposed an 11th game for non-playoff teams with a Bye week for the 16 Playoff teams. The SCHSL Football Playoffs are far too diluted and those 1st round games, for the largest part, are mismatches and just another 4 quarters in which key players can get hurt or suspended.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!