Revised 2022 SCHSL Football Playoff Brackets posted

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: 2022 SCHSL Football Playoff Brackets posted

Post by Ddub14 »

I’ve been saying it since they went to it in the mid 90s
Just another money grab by the schsl
They get a cut of the gate even if half the crowd is usually non existent because a massacre is about to occur.
Would be better to allow their schools to have another non region game against a rival to make some money.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Yep, taking away the gate from those extra 40 games (8 per classification) might mean that Jerome and Company might have to eat steak instead of lobster one night.
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Well it goes to where the money does the most good

Is it better to have 140 teams sitting at home after the last game or would an extra home game be more beneficial
Heck even if the schools decided to split it that would be better than nothing . Plus they get some extra reps and practice in.

Same thing will the championship weekend now

The schsl took the opportunity to make it a 5 session buy in instead of 1 . Again a money grab and the expense of the consumer . At least give people an option . If you want to raise the price on an all weekend pass then so be it .

Always the consumer flipping the bill.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

YEP, y'all have it figured out. The SCHSL is a money grubbing machine. This institution created by PUBLIC SCHOOLS are robbing tax payer dollars, left and right. And Jerome sits in his office in Columbia every day trying to figure out how to take money from your schools and put in his pocket.

Dang. Wow. The member schools have NO say so in how the SCHSL works. It's almost like Jerome hasn't ever said that he only enforces what the members schools decide.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Well explain what benefits the schools are getting with the extra money they have to deal out.
Another case of someone knowing how to spend your money better than you.
What did it get you a less accommodating venue with terrible facilities at a higher price . Congratulations.
That money doesn’t pay for officials, power and facilities, security at any of these schools . That comes out of the pocket of the schools. So what are you getting for your money. Go ahead tell us since you got it figured out.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:44 pm
Well explain what benefits the schools are getting with the extra money they have to deal out.
Another case of someone knowing how to spend your money better than you.
What did it get you a less accommodating venue with terrible facilities at a higher price . Congratulations.
That money doesn’t pay for officials, power and facilities, security at any of these schools . That comes out of the pocket of the schools. So what are you getting for your money. Go ahead tell us since you got it figured out.
Okay, make sure you have your notebook and pen handy....

Can you guess the average check a school writes for hosting a 1st round playoff game? Depending on how they list expenses it might reach 3 digits. Only the the most hard core football schools will it be 4 digits. Yep, a couple of hundreds of dollars... maybe. You see hosting schools get to first deduct ALL expenses they have for hosting a ball game. That may include things like:
security
painting the field
-- including the special playoff end zone checkerboard
ticket takers
concessions
and anything else a school adds on.

And the only line item that a hosting school has to list as income is tickets sales. As in sold tickets. That doesn't include the passes for:
visiting coaching families
visiting school admin and families
visiting band
visiting staff/helpers
band helpers
sidelines/home team helpers
cheerleaders
ROTC presentation teams
band
and on and on

Go ask the bookkeeper at DWD where the money is made at that 1st round game. Do you know where it is made? It ain't tickets.

It comes for concessions. And that isn't included on the calculations for paying the SCHSL.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

I know the school pays for all that I said as much .
So get your pen and paper out and tell what the schsl does for any of these schools that is deserving of taking away any kind of money. I’ll wait.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

And how many rounds of the playoffs isn't decide by the SCHSL. It is decided by the member schools. The SCHSL only enforces what the members schools write into the rules.

Most of the things blamed on the SCHSL comes from what the members schools created. Even the issues where the member school sue the SCHSL for.... the schools were suing for the League enforcing what that member school voted on as a rule.

And I am no fan of the league office and how it handles some things nor do I work in the office, so don't go there.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:16 pm
I know the school pays for all that I said as much .
So get your pen and paper out and tell what the schsl does for any of these schools that is deserving of taking away any kind of money. I’ll wait.
The same thing it does for any week zero game, week 1 game, etc....

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

So you want to argue that there is no need for the SCHSL?