Dutch Fork vs St Francis

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Dutch Fork vs St Francis

Post by Damefan »

Watched St. Francis play Venice on ESPN2 Thursday night. They are a very talented team that Dutch Fork is not ready for in this poster’s opinion. What do you all think the spread will be? My gut after watching St Francis is at least they will be favored by 21.

YellowJacket99
No Team Affiliation

Re: Dutch Fork vs St Francis

Post by YellowJacket99 »

Hopefully you guys found a replacement QB by now.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

YellowJacket99 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:21 am
It's still QB by committee with Appler out. Hunt, Ford, Danley, Green, Taylor...used about 5 different players at different times. We are banged up right now, and St Francis is a tall order. I would like to see how we stacked up healthy, but right now not sure how much we have in the tank. Hope we make a good showing and don't rack up anymore injuries before region play begins.

Fear The Fox...

Damefan
No Team Affiliation

Post by Damefan »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:26 am
YellowJacket99 wrote:
It's still QB by committee with Appler out. Hunt, Ford, Danley, Green, Taylor...used about 5 different players at different times. We are banged up right now, and St Francis is a tall order. I would like to see how we stacked up healthy, but right now not sure how much we have in the tank. Hope we make a good showing and don't rack up anymore injuries before region play begins.

Fear The Fox...
Someone at the North Augusta game said they thought Green had dressed out but didn’t play last night. I do agree with you on at least having a good showing, but winning State at this point is more important. They shouldn’t have any real competition in the lower state beyond Sumter who seems to be having a good year.. we will start finding out what the Charleston market has starting September 30 when Ashley Ridge, West Ashley, Summerville, and Fort Dorchester start playing each other. Currently WA is undefeated and AR and the Ville have one loss. FD might have 2 loses but learning experience sometimes helps in loses.

Fortfor5
Fort Dorchester Patriots

Post by Fortfor5 »

Damefan wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:14 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:26 am
YellowJacket99 wrote:

Fear The Fox...
Someone at the North Augusta game said they thought Green had dressed out but didn’t play last night. I do agree with you on at least having a good showing, but winning State at this point is more important. They shouldn’t have any real competition in the lower state beyond Sumter who seems to be having a good year.. we will start finding out what the Charleston market has starting September 30 when Ashley Ridge, West Ashley, Summerville, and Fort Dorchester start playing each other. Currently WA is undefeated and AR and the Ville have one loss. FD might have 2 loses but learning experience sometimes helps in loses.
DF will be in the upstate brackets this year.
If you were referring to playoffs split region.
They will have to fight upoetstatr to get there .
Which is a bummer someone from. Lowet state
Will have a easier path to make it than we have been afforded.

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

I’ve said it before when Sumter was in the same position a couple years ago…it should be illegal to have to go through Byrnes, Dorman, Spartanburg, and Gaffney just to get to the state championship game…especially for a 1 seed. Dutch Fork will be fine, but this is a good time to find a true backup QB. I wouldn’t play Green next week…gotta make sure he is healthy. The Lexington and River Bluff games will be more important than this one.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DF will be in the upper state if they win their region. Which most likely will be the case. But if no one has been paying attention that region has fared pretty well in non conference to this point. River bluff and white knoll are still undefeated and Lexington only had one loss.So it might not be the layup that it has been in years past. And with a banged up team that might not be able to rest players as much as they normally have that could cause a problem down the road.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:48 am
DF will be in the upper state if they win their region. Which most likely will be the case. But if no one has been paying attention that region has fared pretty well in non conference to this point. River bluff and white knoll are still undefeated and Lexington only had one loss.So it might not be the layup that it has been in years past. And with a banged up team that might not be able to rest players as much as they normally have that could cause a problem down the road.
Just not sure how long those guys are banged up (Green, Appler, Hamilton) but there are other key players on defense and offense that are injured as well. If we have to play with this line up so be it. Might not be able to hang with SFA but I wouldn't bet against TK against Lexington, Chapin, White Knoll and River Bluff...banged up or not- DF is in their heads. Upper State or Lower State....six of one, half dozen of another...Gaffney, Brynes, Dorman, Hillcrest, Hanna or Fort Dorchester, Sumter, Summerville...still not drinking the Byrnes Kool-Aid again just yet, or Dorman for that matter. Hillcrest struggled with Clover and Powdersville...don't give up on Spartanburg just yet or Gaffney. Seems like the Injuns are solving the problems. Spartanburg may be the best team when they are hitting on all cylinders.

864 or 843...either way is fine. Game at a time...

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

I don’t think anyone is saying those schools are favored. But if your team is banged up and have to play the starters longer or are in longer games than normal that can have a cumulative effect in the playoffs. It did last year.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 12:11 pm
I don’t think anyone is saying those schools are favored. But if your team is banged up and have to play the starters longer or are in longer games than normal that can have a cumulative effect in the playoffs. It did last year.
Honestly, getting back to the title game after all they went through last season was a miracle. Gage dying, Jack dying in front of their eyes...a lot for a 16 year old to process. Might have been Knotts best coaching job since he has been at DF. Injuries are part of the game...comes with the territory- you develop depth to mitigate that inevitable fact. To me, 5A (DF included) is a little off this season. No one seems to be hitting on all cylinders. Been some ugly ball games.

Fear The Fox...