Dutch Fork vs St Francis

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Re: Dutch Fork vs St Francis

Post by Ddub14 »

I would agree on the 5A thing. 4A has played more quality games and honestly so has 3a surprisingly. IMO

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

Fortfor5 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:12 am
Damefan wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:14 am
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:26 am
YellowJacket99 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:21 am
Hopefully you guys found a replacement QB by now.
It's still QB by committee with Appler out. Hunt, Ford, Danley, Green, Taylor...used about 5 different players at different times. We are banged up right now, and St Francis is a tall order. I would like to see how we stacked up healthy, but right now not sure how much we have in the tank. Hope we make a good showing and don't rack up anymore injuries before region play begins.

Fear The Fox...
Someone at the North Augusta game said they thought Green had dressed out but didn’t play last night. I do agree with you on at least having a good showing, but winning State at this point is more important. They shouldn’t have any real competition in the lower state beyond Sumter who seems to be having a good year.. we will start finding out what the Charleston market has starting September 30 when Ashley Ridge, West Ashley, Summerville, and Fort Dorchester start playing each other. Currently WA is undefeated and AR and the Ville have one loss. FD might have 2 loses but learning experience sometimes helps in loses.
DF will be in the upstate brackets this year.
If you were referring to playoffs split region.
They will have to fight upoetstatr to get there .
Which is a bummer someone from. Lowet state
Will have a easier path to make it than we have been afforded.
There is really no reason we still have upper and lower state brackets at this point other than laziness at the hsl. They can't claim travel when teams are playing non region games all over the state and more and more teams are playing out of state games. The entire playoff system we use is beyond stupid. Just because you manage 1-2 wins in a terrible region doesn't mean you are a playoff team.

I say seed the playoffs 1-32, and forget upper and lower state. Better yet, seed it 1-16 and get some of the pointless first round games out of there. I'll never forget when a 8 regular season win Newberry team had to go on the road to play a 3 regular season win Columbia team because "that's how the bracket is set." Reward a team for beating a 0-10 team, a 1-9 team that only beat the 0-10 team, in their 4 team region.

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

Well big dog every once in a while a 4 seed will upset a 1 seed right? Can’t help but bring it up.

But I do agree the playoffs should be trimmed down a round. And cross bracketing would get the two best teams in the end.

bigdog2003
Newberry Bulldogs

Post by bigdog2003 »

Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:39 pm
Well big dog every once in a while a 4 seed will upset a 1 seed right? Can’t help but bring it up.

But I do agree the playoffs should be trimmed down a round. And cross bracketing would get the two best teams in the end.
Don't remind me.

The current system is flawed. Basically, you play a 4-5 game preseason, then a 5 game season to seed the playoffs. To get in the playoffs, you really only need 3 wins at most. Some regions 2 wins is enough. So out of 10 weeks, you need to be 1 point better than the other guy 20-30% of the games to have a shot at a state title.

I'm waiting on the 2-8 team to get hot, somehow win state, and be the best team while posting a 7-8 record.

Cover Three
No Team Affiliation

Post by Cover Three »

bbrown1240 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:45 am
I’ve said it before when Sumter was in the same position a couple years ago…it should be illegal to have to go through Byrnes, Dorman, Spartanburg, and Gaffney just to get to the state championship game…especially for a 1 seed. Dutch Fork will be fine, but this is a good time to find a true backup QB. I wouldn’t play Green next week…gotta make sure he is healthy. The Lexington and River Bluff games will be more important than this one.
Oh my.....the Lexington and River Bluff games. Lexington beat a decent team in Gilbert I suppose. But the rest of teams either Lexington or River Bluff has beaten to this point barely have a pulse. DF will destroy both of them no matter who they roll out at QB. Now getting in the playoffs and having to deal with the teams out of Region 2 may be a different story, but DF can probably just roll their helmets out on the field and take this region.

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

bigdog2003 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:58 pm
Ddub14 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:39 pm

Don't remind me.

The current system is flawed. Basically, you play a 4-5 game preseason, then a 5 game season to seed the playoffs. To get in the playoffs, you really only need 3 wins at most. Some regions 2 wins is enough. So out of 10 weeks, you need to be 1 point better than the other guy 20-30% of the games to have a shot at a state title.

I'm waiting on the 2-8 team to get hot, somehow win state, and be the best team while posting a 7-8 record.
That already has happened. North Augusta 1989, started 0-6, and had to win the state championship to get over .500.

https://ghsfha.org/w/Special:SCHSFHS/sc ... h_Augusta/

bbrown1240
Sumter Gamecocks

Post by bbrown1240 »

Cover Three wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:25 am
bbrown1240 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:45 am
I’ve said it before when Sumter was in the same position a couple years ago…it should be illegal to have to go through Byrnes, Dorman, Spartanburg, and Gaffney just to get to the state championship game…especially for a 1 seed. Dutch Fork will be fine, but this is a good time to find a true backup QB. I wouldn’t play Green next week…gotta make sure he is healthy. The Lexington and River Bluff games will be more important than this one.
Oh my.....the Lexington and River Bluff games. Lexington beat a decent team in Gilbert I suppose. But the rest of teams either Lexington or River Bluff has beaten to this point barely have a pulse. DF will destroy both of them no matter who they roll out at QB. Now getting in the playoffs and having to deal with the teams out of Region 2 may be a different story, but DF can probably just roll their helmets out on the field and take this region.
I don’t disagree…I’m not betting against Dutch Fork. However, those games are still more important than this week’s game. I wouldn’t play Jarvis Green this week.

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Got my tickets....might need to call in a 9 line on the Foxes..

Hope medivac helicopters are on standby...SFA is rugged.

Fear The Fox...

EHSMeanGreen
Easley Green Wave

Post by EHSMeanGreen »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:23 pm

Fear The Fox...
Maybe the Silver Foxes can catch St. Frances Academy looking ahead...
St. Frances Academy plays in Hawaii next week.

St. Frances Academy(MD) at Kahuku(HI)
:arrow: https://www.maxpreps.com/games/9-30-202 ... &schoolid=

Tickets
:arrow: https://events.ticketspicket.com/agency ... e71c82b107

Google Maps Location
:arrow: Kahuku High

Good Luck to Dutch Fork! :mrgreen:

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

EHSMeanGreen wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:11 pm
DFOLDMAN wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:23 pm

Fear The Fox...
Maybe the Silver Foxes can catch St. Frances Academy looking ahead...
St. Frances Academy plays in Hawaii next week.

St. Frances Academy(MD) at Kahuku(HI)
:arrow: https://www.maxpreps.com/games/9-30-202 ... &schoolid=

Tickets
:arrow: https://events.ticketspicket.com/agency ... e71c82b107

Google Maps Location
:arrow: Kahuku High

Good Luck to Dutch Fork! :mrgreen:
Had to give up my ticket for the game tonight with a work conflict (Covid outbreak ...ugh). But my son and his family and friend are going. They are both old Silver Fox football players...as beat up as the Foxes are, probably going to be a long night but I hope they at least make a good showing and don't get anymore busted up. See what Coach Knotts can conjure up.

Fear The Fox...