96 at Pelion

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Re: 96 at Pelion

Post by greenjewel »

96fanatic wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:50 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:26 am
96fanatic wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:59 am
My Wildcats win 36-7. 96 dominated
in this one.Chico Mason of 96 went out
with a leg injury.he is 96 best player
on defense at linebacker and plays on
the offensive line.he is 2 time state wrestling
champion in 2a heavy weight.i hope he will
be ok.the 96 jv team beat B&L JV 29-26
in a nail biter Thursday night.i think my
Wildcats will have a pretty good team
next year.they don't have many seniors
this year.
I wouldn't read too much into this, Pelion isn't even a decent Pop Warner team. My guys at work say if 96 improves it will be because Neal is back coaching and his grandson is the JV QB. Is that true?
No one is reading anything into this except you.
96 is at best an average 2a team as are most
all teams in 2a are.there are a few exceptions.
If you want to give Neal and his Grandson all
the credit that's fine.
i like him and glad he is back at 96.
unless Abbeville and Oceanside collegiate and
Saluda fall apart other 2a teams can forget
about winning a championship this year.i
would include Gray Collegiate but they gave
up a bunch of points to Mid-Carolina.
apart
"Do you know what is wrong with being satisfied with being average? It means that you are happy being as close to the bottom as you are being close to the top" Coach K

So, if a team isn't as good as Abbeville, Saluda or OC it's OK for that team to be just as sorry as they want to be? Real winners disagree with you.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

greenjewel wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:11 pm
96fanatic wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
this year.
I wouldn't read too much into this, Pelion isn't even a decent Pop Warner team. My guys at work say if 96 improves it will be because Neal is back coaching and his grandson is the JV QB. Is that true?
the credit that's fine.
apart
"Do you know what is wrong with being satisfied with being average? It means that you are happy being as close to the bottom as you are being close to the top" Coach K

So, if a team isn't as good as Abbeville, Saluda or OC it's OK for that team to be just as sorry as they want to be? Real winners disagree with you.
You got to play with what a MaMa sends you
Bear Bryant
It is what it is.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

96fanatic wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:39 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:11 pm
96fanatic wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
this year.
the credit that's fine.
apart

You got to play with what a MaMa sends you
Bear Bryant
It is what it is.
96 doesn't even have a park and rec system. If you don't plant it, it can't grow. The Bible

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

@greenjewel

On several Greenwood County topics:

You've stated some obvious. You've drug some through the mud. You've offered no positive.

What is you perspective? Where are you coming from?

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

bringthewood wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:15 pm
@greenjewel

You've stated some obvious. You've drug some through the mud. You've offered no positive.

Where i am coming from is very simple. Our children and grandchildren only are young once. They only have one opportunity to become educated and at the same time enjoy all the benefits that youth offers. We owe them a minimum level of excellence in every aspect of their schools and in Greenwood County not a single district is achieving even that minimum amount. This thread is about 96 so let's use 96 as an example. 96 pours money into it's football program and right now, as well as the last 3 or 4 years all that money has served 1 person, the son of the dentist who is the coach. And he is being served at the expense of every kid on the field. So what did the booster club do, they went and recruited Neal to come back so 96 could win again and save the dentist's sons job. What is so bad is the citizens there are no better than the folks pulling off this stunt. They don't care about the kids either. Now, look at Emerald and Greenwood Hi, same thing just different folks. I could have used either of them as the example instead of 96. Its all about politics and giving the high paying jobs to chosen folks, at the expense of the kids. Shame on all of us. So, let me ask you. What is you perspective? Where are you coming from?

bringthewood
No Team Affiliation

Post by bringthewood »

If you think that GHS isn't interested in EXCELLENCE then you need to pay attention. GHS KNOWS excellence, and works for it.... every single day.

EHS.... the district is still trying to figure that out. They have a guy that knows how to win. The thinkers here didn't know/were not sure what EHS was going to be when it was formed. It's still been a middle school since they day it went to a HS. And still is.

96 was able to hold off the slow death of yarn mills closing better that most any other town. They did much better than Ware Shoals (which you don't include in your 'lack of excellence'). 96 is simply now having to deal with that dynamic.

Greenjewel if you think a government institution likes schools even cares about your child(ren) or grandchild(ren), then we need to talk. These are bureaucracies that only exist to make sure they further exist.

There are people inside that care and work really hard to make sure their constituents are served; but excellence?

There is another definition of that from those that are the decision makers.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

bringthewood wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:01 pm
If you think that GHS isn't interested in EXCELLENCE then you need to pay attention. GHS KNOWS excellence, and works for it.... every single day.

EHS.... the district is still trying to figure that out. They have a guy that knows how to win. The thinkers here didn't know/were not sure what EHS was going to be when it was formed. It's still been a middle school since they day it went to a HS. And still is.

96 was able to hold off the slow death of yarn mills closing better that most any other town. They did much better than Ware Shoals (which you don't include in your 'lack of excellence'). 96 is simply now having to deal with that dynamic.

Greenjewel if you think a government institution likes schools even cares about your child(ren) or grandchild(ren), then we need to talk. These are bureaucracies that only exist to make sure they further exist.

There are people inside that care and work really hard to make sure their constituents are served; but excellence?

There is another definition of that from those that are the decision makers.
What you are saying here is quite sensible, however, there are certain factors that change everything. For example, you said:
Now, let's be honest, GHS can't hold a high school jamboree and get to the end of it; that is not excellence and it indicates a severe lack of overall excellence.
You also said: 96 was able to hold off the slow death of yarn mills closing better that most any other town. They did much better than Ware Shoals (which you don't include in your 'lack of excellence'). 96 is simply now having to deal with that dynamic.
The mill closings impoverishes many, many rural towns in the south, but 96 is not one of them, for a host of reasons. 96 wasn't dependent on the mill there for survival. It also has Fuji and Monsanto which are much bigger tax payers than the mills were. Another fact, the mill in 96 paid no city taxes, even though it was located in the middle of town. What is different about 96 is 3 things: 1- It's location- 96 lays in the corner of the county away from everything else, but not too far away, just 9 miles to greenwood.
2- It has a small but very well funded school system. Not that long ago the 96 schools were considered to be the bar for excellence anywhere, in both athletics and academics.
3- The houses there that Greenwood Mills built were built to last forever, and they probably will. The mill houses in 96 are just like those in Matthews, Harris, etc. Built like forts. In comparison Ware Shoals has poor, dilapidated housing of no worth.

Ware Shoals has nothing to attract people but 96 has everything to attract people if the community would have just used it. In 96 its all about the schools. When the schools there were great the price of housing was through the roof. My sister and law tried to buy a mill house there and the price was insane. She wanted to send her kids to school there. 96 reached it's peak athletically and academically after the mills had closed. The schools carried everything. They now are suffocated with debt where millions was spent foolishly. Their schools are bankrupt due to horrible financial decisions. Their schools are serving a hand full of adults instead of the kids now.
To a degree, Greenwood Hi and Emerald are doing the same. Just different folks.

96fanatic
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by 96fanatic »

greenjewel wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:31 pm
bringthewood wrote:
@greenjewel

Where i am coming from is very simple. Our children and grandchildren only are young once. They only have one opportunity to become educated and at the same time enjoy all the benefits that youth offers. We owe them a minimum level of excellence in every aspect of their schools and in Greenwood County not a single district is achieving even that minimum amount. This thread is about 96 so let's use 96 as an example. 96 pours money into it's football program and right now, as well as the last 3 or 4 years all that money has served 1 person, the son of the dentist who is the coach. And he is being served at the expense of every kid on the field. So what did the booster club do, they went and recruited Neal to come back so 96 could win again and save the dentist's sons job. What is so bad is the citizens there are no better than the folks pulling off this stunt. They don't care about the kids either. Now, look at Emerald and Greenwood Hi, same thing just different folks. I could have used either of them as the example instead of 96. Its all about politics and giving the high paying jobs to chosen folks, at the expense of the kids. Shame on all of us. So, let me ask you. What is you perspective? Where are you coming from?
l
This is all about a personal hate you have
for one family and you trash all the citizens.
of 96. by the way. the 96 rec team plays today
at 6:30 in 96.

teacher
No Team Affiliation

Post by teacher »

greenjewl does not live in Greenwood county.he has had a grudge against 96 since they fired his buddy Neal about 15 years ago.he said when they hired the coach they have now he could lose every game and never have to worry about losing his job because it was all a political hire.Now he says 96 had to call in a coach that can work magic to save as he called him baby boy's job.what a bunch of boloney.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

96fanatic wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:53 am
greenjewel wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:31 pm
bringthewood wrote:
@greenjewel

l
This is all about a personal hate you have
for one family and you trash all the citizens.
of 96. by the way. the 96 rec team plays today
at 6:30 in 96.
Read again, I am critical of all of Greenwood County schools, not just 96. I hate anyone who steals from the kids, you should too. All i am saying is truth, there is nothing to debate.
Last edited by greenjewel on Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.