Daniel vs Walhalla

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
stretch
Daniel Lions

Daniel vs Walhalla

Post by stretch »

Daniel starts region play this week at Walhalla. The real season begins now with the next 5 games determining playoffs. Unfortunately for us our region is bad so the competition will be lacking. The battle for 2-4 in our region could be interesting. We just show up and do our thing none of our region teams will keep up.

Walhalla is 3-2 started the year with a loss to Woodmont, then 3 straight wins over Chesnee, Southside and Palmetto. Last week they were destroyed by BHP. Walhalla had some talented recruits from 2017-2020 that led the teams to some of the best years in school history. But the last few years they haven't been able to lure kids from Seneca or Daniel away so they have mostly homegrown kids. They won't be the worst team in our region their QB is not bad. When I watched some of his film I was shocked to see how he is thicker than his RT. I won't comment on the defense because they played bad teams and looked good. They could get a whole offseason to prepare for our offense and they still couldn't stop it. They also have decided to do onside kicks every time they kick off, which may only happen once this week.

The purple pigs will be purple bacon on Friday. My score prediction is a lot to a little. Lets just hope for no injuries.
Go Daniel Lions!!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: Daniel vs Walhalla

Post by DFOLDMAN »

stretch wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:47 pm
Daniel starts region play this week at Walhalla. The real season begins now with the next 5 games determining playoffs. Unfortunately for us our region is bad so the competition will be lacking. The battle for 2-4 in our region could be interesting. We just show up and do our thing none of our region teams will keep up.

Walhalla is 3-2 started the year with a loss to Woodmont, then 3 straight wins over Chesnee, Southside and Palmetto. Last week they were destroyed by BHP. Walhalla had some talented recruits from 2017-2020 that led the teams to some of the best years in school history. But the last few years they haven't been able to lure kids from Seneca or Daniel away so they have mostly homegrown kids. They won't be the worst team in our region their QB is not bad. When I watched some of his film I was shocked to see how he is thicker than his RT. I won't comment on the defense because they played bad teams and looked good. They could get a whole offseason to prepare for our offense and they still couldn't stop it. They also have decided to do onside kicks every time they kick off, which may only happen once this week.

The purple pigs will be purple bacon on Friday. My score prediction is a lot to a little. Lets just hope for no injuries.
Thumping....about like the Feckless Flamers....the Pitiful Porkers...will get run out of the stadium.

Fear The Fox...

mark1974
No Team Affiliation

Post by mark1974 »

stretch wrote:

It's not good to go through a whole regular season and not get challenged. Fruster should have made a better non conference schedule. I find it hard to believe that TL Hanna, Hillcrest, Greenville, Dorman, Spartanburg, Byrnes or any of the other competitive teams on that side of the state would not play Daniel. This could come back to bite Daniel in the playoffs.

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

Thanks for bringing your favorite stick to beat that dead horse mark. Your insight is invaluable.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

mark1974 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:24 am
stretch wrote:

It's not good to go through a whole regular season and not get challenged. Fruster should have made a better non conference schedule. I find it hard to believe that TL Hanna, Hillcrest, Greenville, Dorman, Spartanburg, Byrnes or any of the other competitive teams on that side of the state would not play Daniel. This could come back to bite Daniel in the playoffs.
Lol we have scrimmaged Hillcrest the last 4 years and beat the dog crap out of them until this year due to a canceled scrimmage due to lightning. They also beat Greenville in a scrimmage last year. They can’t help our region schedule that’s just the facts. But everyone was saying the same thing the last two years about how their schedule will bite them in the end. How did that work out .Clinton said the same thing last year how did that work out . And when I pointed out that there was no one on their schedule Daniel wouldn’t drag there was no response. There are only a handful of teams in the state that would beat Daniel , and Daniel would have a better than 50/50 chance of beating most of those. The hate is real . Again 29 in a row and rolling . None of them have been close . All of them by 3 scores or more except one 14 point win at Chapman on their field when they were the defending state champs with a 19 game win streak. Btw their schedule this year you might want to take a deep dive into. Spartanburg beat Riverside two weeks ago 59-28 . Daniel beat them 56-14. Very comparable I would say, maybe even a little better. Also look what Easley has done since they put a 55-7 beat down on them with a running clock in the 3rd quarter. 4-0
Greer gave Byrnes all they wanted . Daniel won by 30 and really it should’ve been a lot worse. And hart county was better than all those teams and beat westside on their home field in a scrimmage earlier this year . That was after beating wren in a half of play . They got no rest while westside was waiting for them and still won. Daniel blew that team out as well.

Penguin
Beaufort Eagles

Post by Penguin »

Giant pig roast in Hog Waller this week. Save me some of this!
Attachments
Dead Pig!.jpg
Dead Pig!.jpg (21.8 KiB) Viewed 452 times
The "Godfather" didn't whine like The "Slobfather" is doing, when he got INDICTED!!!!!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:24 am
mark1974 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:24 am
stretch wrote:

Lol we have scrimmaged Hillcrest the last 4 years and beat the dog crap out of them until this year due to a canceled scrimmage due to lightning. They also beat Greenville in a scrimmage last year. They can’t help our region schedule that’s just the facts. But everyone was saying the same thing the last two years about how their schedule will bite them in the end. How did that work out .Clinton said the same thing last year how did that work out . And when I pointed out that there was no one on their schedule Daniel wouldn’t drag there was no response. There are only a handful of teams in the state that would beat Daniel , and Daniel would have a better than 50/50 chance of beating most of those. The hate is real . Again 29 in a row and rolling . None of them have been close . All of them by 3 scores or more except one 14 point win at Chapman on their field when they were the defending state champs with a 19 game win streak. Btw their schedule this year you might want to take a deep dive into. Spartanburg beat Riverside two weeks ago 59-28 . Daniel beat them 56-14. Very comparable I would say, maybe even a little better. Also look what Easley has done since they put a 55-7 beat down on them with a running clock in the 3rd quarter. 4-0
Greer gave Byrnes all they wanted . Daniel won by 30 and really it should’ve been a lot worse. And hart county was better than all those teams and beat westside on their home field in a scrimmage earlier this year . That was after beating wren in a half of play . They got no rest while westside was waiting for them and still won. Daniel blew that team out as well.
DWD should play Hanna and Westside religiously. Close by and not too bad, either program. Would spruce up Fruster's schedule some. Better than Pickens and Riverside for sure. It shouldn't be hard to schedule those two teams.

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

They scheduled westside in 18/19
Beat them down in 18
Was going to beat them down in 19 before early chickened out and called the game off because of rain and wouldn’t make it up. He wouldn’t even send his team out.
Scheduled Hanna in 20 and 3 days before the game they got the “covid”
Wouldn’t reschedule in 21
So what are they supposed to do

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:27 pm
They scheduled westside in 18/19
Beat them down in 18
Was going to beat them down in 19 before early chickened out and called the game off because of rain and wouldn’t make it up. He wouldn’t even send his team out.
Scheduled Hanna in 20 and 3 days before the game they got the “covid”
Wouldn’t reschedule in 21
So what are they supposed to do
Yeah, 2020 was a strange season. Seems like DWD played Westside off and on recently...can't recall a Hanna game in long while. Got to play the county games periodically, Easley, Pickens, Liberty...and given location, Anderson County teams are a natural- alternate WS and TLH. The HC should be able to sort that. Those games are guaranteed big gates as well. $$$, and let's face it football pays the way for the school's athletic program. Called off for rain...those crack me up. The state title game in '20 was a freakin' monsoon and yet somehow, they still played in the rain. They won't melt, that's for sure...ha.

DF hasn't played Irmo in 3 years- there should be a state law requiring that game. I like DF going and playing the NC state powers, GA teams as well. Playing the football factories like SFA, IMG etc from time to time...good to see how you stack up. Too banged up to play them better at the moment. Healthy, it would have been a better game, just too many D1s on that squad this season. Knotts was smart...used Appler, Green etc sparingly...some reps, but not the entire game. Still used 5 QBs lol. Crazy, we have been so spoiled with Nichols, Olenchuk, W. Taylor at QB, then this year-QB by committee. The backups got some good experience against arguably the best "high school" team in the nation. DF will miss Green next season, but Lodge and Anderson are going to be fun to watch next season at RBs.

Bye week this week...time to get Appler, Green, Hamilton and the rest healthy - then start region play. Fun Fun...

Fear The Fox...

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

DFoldman not only did early call off the game we found out later he had already left the stadium and had no intention of playing that game. Daniel wanted to play the next day and got crickets 🦗.

And those two teams don’t travel as well as you might think

People love having Daniel roll in
We usually have more than the home crowd.

I think that DF playing one of those teams out of state is great . But your fans want to and deserve to see more of their team at home. Playing your first home game in week 5 is ridiculous. And I’m not blaming TK and Df for that. I’m sure they have a hard time getting local schools around there to play home and homes with them. And your right about Irmo and I would say spring valley as well should be playing DF every year.