Daniel vs Walhalla

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Re: Daniel vs Walhalla

Post by DFOLDMAN »

Ddub14 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:11 pm
DFoldman not only did early call off the game we found out later he had already left the stadium and had no intention of playing that game. Daniel wanted to play the next day and got crickets 🦗.

And those two teams don’t travel as well as you might think

People love having Daniel roll in
We usually have more than the home crowd.

I think that DF playing one of those teams out of state is great . But your fans want to and deserve to see more of their team at home. Playing your first home game in week 5 is ridiculous. And I’m not blaming TK and Df for that. I’m sure they have a hard time getting local schools around there to play home and homes with them. And your right about Irmo and I would say spring valley as well should be playing DF every year.
Yep...Spring Valley, Irmo, Ridge View, Blythewood...those are always big games. I had tickets for the SFA game and had to give mine up due to a work conflict that came up (COVID, of course). My son and his family went and one of his good friends, who is my best friend's son. Old Army buddy. Those two have literally known each other their entire lives..ha. Foxes only have 3 home games this season, with White Knoll and Chapin coming soon, but we will go watch DF at River Bluff as well. Very close by and a great stadium and atmosphere. River Bluff does it right.

Well, DWD needs to go "slop dem hawgs at Hawgwaller"... DF is probably in the training room this Friday...haha.

Fear The Fox...

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

Back in 2018-19 we were trying to get Hanna back on the schedule but that was when 5A-1 had 8 team regions so they only had 3 non region games and we just couldn't work out a date to play. The 2020 game was actually Hillcrest's fault they had covid problem so they had to reschedule and cancel us because it was a region game.

Personally the only teams I want on the schedule every year is Seneca and BHP. The teddy bears didn't want another beatdown so they'll just have to wait until the playoffs. Hopefully.
Go Daniel Lions!!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

stretch wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:25 pm
Back in 2018-19 we were trying to get Hanna back on the schedule but that was when 5A-1 had 8 team regions so they only had 3 non region games and we just couldn't work out a date to play. The 2020 game was actually Hillcrest's fault they had covid problem so they had to reschedule and cancel us because it was a region game.

Personally the only teams I want on the schedule every year is Seneca and BHP. The teddy bears didn't want another beatdown so they'll just have to wait until the playoffs. Hopefully.
WOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!

The name of Hawgwaller Cheer Squad

Fear The Fox...

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

D. Wistar- 21
Hawgwaller- 14

Halftime

Fear The Fox...

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

56-14 win for the Lions tonight. In the first half offense had the ball twice scored both times along with a pick 6. Walhalla held the ball for about 20 minutes in the first half. Second half everyone stepped up and we went on a 35-0 run. We haven’t had to deal with ref-ball all season but tonight we finally got it. Most were very questionable calls. I think we had 12 penalties to Walhalla’s 2. Next week is essentially a Bye week against West-Oak.
Go Daniel Lions!!

DFOLDMAN
Dutch Fork Silver Foxes

Post by DFOLDMAN »

stretch wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:49 pm
56-14 win for the Lions tonight. In the first half offense had the ball twice scored both times along with a pick 6. Walhalla held the ball for about 20 minutes in the first half. Second half everyone stepped up and we went on a 35-0 run. We haven’t had to deal with ref-ball all season but tonight we finally got it. Most were very questionable calls. I think we had 12 penalties to Walhalla’s 2. Next week is essentially a Bye week against West-Oak.
Pendleton beat WO like a rented mule...might break the scoreboard next week.

Fear The Fox...

stretch
Daniel Lions

Post by stretch »

DFOLDMAN wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:59 pm
stretch wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:49 pm
Pendleton beat WO like a rented mule...might break the scoreboard next week.

Fear The Fox...
Region is worse than I thought. Seneca was struggling with Crescent. Walhalla could finish 2nd in region if they can play like they did tonight against other region teams. They run the ball pretty good and they can control the clock. We’ll just have to see how the race for second goes. I just hope we can stay healthy all the way until playoffs.
Go Daniel Lions!!

Ddub14
Daniel Lions

Post by Ddub14 »

About like I figured. Walhalla used their big qb to basically go four corners . But eventually they couldn’t keep up with the talent and speed. Daniel had seen this strategy before.
Teams still can’t solve the puzzle. That’s 30 in a row now.
I went to the Powdersville/Bhp game

I’m wondering how Bhp beat westside. It’s the same tired offense that they’ve ran forever. Very predictable. That being said if they didn’t fumble on their first play inside their red zone which led to a td and didn’t commit a personal foul on a Powdersville fg which they made and led to another Td. This could’ve been a competitive ballgame. Powdersville also puts the ball on the ground. They have a big oline, but their dline is challenged size wise. Don’t really know how their defense is against a passing offense because Bhp barely threw at all.
They have playmakers but are also dinged up.
Their big lb is out for the year. Their qb got dinged up last night as well.
I suspect that will be Daniel’s 3rd round opponent unless a upset occurs.

I will also say that while the facilities were nice , their stands are small. An average Daniel playoff crowd could fill their home and visitors side. The visitors side may be the smallest I’ve seen in some time. Get there early!