Blacksburg at 96 Thursday

Discussions for fans of all teams and all classes of South Carolina High School Football.
teacher
No Team Affiliation

Re: Blacksburg at 96 Thursday

Post by teacher »

greenjewel wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:15 pm
teacher wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:54 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:50 pm
96fanatic wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:46 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:46 am
BBurg_Wildcat 22 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:45 pm
Blacksburg is most def not below pop warner level. They are dealing with a lot of internal things with their coach having to step down due to life threating cancer, and a new coach taking the helms and changing the offense middle of season. They will not give up that's for sure. I look for this game to be close early, but I do believe that 96 gets the win. I agree with Mikey though, they have looked better with the new offense. Good luck to 96 Thursday.
Please read my post again, in no way was i singling out Blacksburg, instead i was making a general comment that the next 4 opponents that 96 faces are very sub par teams, and they are. I don't have anything against Blacksburg.
why did you call them pop warner in the 1st place.
What is your point.you have said
many times 96 is sub par so the next
4 games should be good close games
96 could lose all 4.who knows.i have not
seen any of the teams play.I do know that 96 will
give 100%. and so will the other teams.
First of all my post was to wildcat 22, but, i will gladly answer your questions. Please don't say 96 is giving 100%, they are not. Neither is Emerald. That starts with the hiring of the coach. Do you even realize that 96 will probably end up with a 7-3 record and not beat a single decent team? That does not JUST HAPPEN, that happens when a coach can't compete on a respectable level so he stacks his schedule with cupcakes to make it look good for him, and he does that at the expense of his players. Do you understand that by playing nothing but cup cakes the coach is telling his players they are also cup cakes unable to compete on a respectable level? I would much rather get beat by a good team than to beat a cup cake. Why didn't 96 schedule BL, Newberry, Woodruff or even RSM like they have always done in the past instead of Pelion, Mid Carolina and Ware Shoals? The coach knew he wasn't playing anybody in region play so why not schedule good teams in the non-region like Abbeville does? Take some pride in your program and your ability to coach instead of loading up with weak teams to cover your inability to coach at a winning level? To you its all about your entertainment. you don't care as long as you have a game to go to. To me its much different, it's about the kids getting every nickle of benefit from the money taxpayers provide for them. 96 can be what it was before, a real contender but the kids will have to be put first before that happens. Same thing with Emerald, why in the hell didn't Emerald go after the black coach at 96? He would be a perfect fit here. Its all about the politics and the very few who speak out against them, and i am one who does.
It is very evident you know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about.96 has played basically the same teams for the last 30 years.go look at the history.they do have a few teams that are different sprinkled in but not many.so tell us when they were playing all these non region tough teams.
I sent your post to my buddy from work, i'll post his response when i get it. He is a life long 96 fan.
let me help you and your life long fan.the toughest schedule they ever was when they beat Lincoln county Ga.,Woodruff,Newberry and Abbeville all the same year.guess who was the coach.let me help you.it was non other than the other coach you hate .

teacher
No Team Affiliation

Post by teacher »

teacher wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:26 pm
greenjewel wrote:
teacher wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
96fanatic wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:46 am

Please read my post again, in no way was i singling out Blacksburg, instead i was making a general comment that the next 4 opponents that 96 faces are very sub par teams, and they are. I don't have anything against Blacksburg.
First of all my post was to wildcat 22, but, i will gladly answer your questions. Please don't say 96 is giving 100%, they are not. Neither is Emerald. That starts with the hiring of the coach. Do you even realize that 96 will probably end up with a 7-3 record and not beat a single decent team? That does not JUST HAPPEN, that happens when a coach can't compete on a respectable level so he stacks his schedule with cupcakes to make it look good for him, and he does that at the expense of his players. Do you understand that by playing nothing but cup cakes the coach is telling his players they are also cup cakes unable to compete on a respectable level? I would much rather get beat by a good team than to beat a cup cake. Why didn't 96 schedule BL, Newberry, Woodruff or even RSM like they have always done in the past instead of Pelion, Mid Carolina and Ware Shoals? The coach knew he wasn't playing anybody in region play so why not schedule good teams in the non-region like Abbeville does? Take some pride in your program and your ability to coach instead of loading up with weak teams to cover your inability to coach at a winning level? To you its all about your entertainment. you don't care as long as you have a game to go to. To me its much different, it's about the kids getting every nickle of benefit from the money taxpayers provide for them. 96 can be what it was before, a real contender but the kids will have to be put first before that happens. Same thing with Emerald, why in the hell didn't Emerald go after the black coach at 96? He would be a perfect fit here. Its all about the politics and the very few who speak out against them, and i am one who does.
It is very evident you know absolutely nothing about what you are talking about.96 has played basically the same teams for the last 30 years.go look at the history.they do have a few teams that are different sprinkled in but not many.so tell us when they were playing all these non region tough teams.
I sent your post to my buddy from work, i'll post his response when i get it. He is a life long 96 fan.
let me help you and your life long 96 fan.the toughest schedule they ever had was when they beat Lincoln county Ga.,Woodruff,Newberry and Abbeville all the same year.guess who was the coach.let me help you.it was non other than the other coach you hate .Chris Liner.

teacher
No Team Affiliation

Post by teacher »

teacher wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:30 pm
teacher wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
teacher wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
96fanatic wrote:

let me help you and your life long 96 fan.the toughest schedule they ever had was when they beat Lincoln county Ga.,Woodruff,Newberry and Abbeville all the same year.guess who was the coach.let me help you.it was non other than the other coach you hate .Chris Liner.so the coach you trash scheduled the toughest schedule 96 ever had and won.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

teacher wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:32 pm
teacher wrote:
teacher wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
teacher wrote:
greenjewel wrote:

let me help you and your life long 96 fan.the toughest schedule they ever had was when they beat Lincoln county Ga.,Woodruff,Newberry and Abbeville all the same year.guess who was the coach.let me help you.it was non other than the other coach you hate .Chris Liner.so the coach you trash scheduled the toughest schedule 96 ever had and won.
No need for the anger talk, nobody hates anybody here. We are discussing the spending of tax dollars and the goals of our schools, it's everybody's business, mine and yours. No need for anger.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

teacher wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:32 pm
teacher wrote:
teacher wrote:
greenjewel wrote:
teacher wrote:
greenjewel wrote:

Response from my 96 buddy - This guy is obviously connected to the booster club in some way, his anger shows that. First, over the last 30 years 96 has bounced back and forth from 1-A to 2-A and we have played about everyone out there in both classifications so his claim that 96 has played the same teams is bogus. In the past 96 did what Abbeville is doing now, they used the non-region to help prepare for a championship run. What we have now at 96 we have never seen before, we can’t beat anybody that is even a half decent team so Owings has loaded the schedule with cup cakes and bottom feeders to make himself look good. We are in the same region with Abbeville and look at the difference in our schedule and theirs, it’s day and night.
As far as the most difficult schedule 96 has ever played the 1999 season would be that and the 2007 non-region is the toughest scheduled games by far. The year he is speaking of is 2013 when Lincoln County was the worst in 41 years, Woodruff was 5-6 and Abbeville was 4-8. Typical booster club brag, bost when you get them when they are down.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

Also to teacher from my co-worker - Liner was well liked at 96 and treated very well. Nobody hated him. He was here for 6 years with 4 of those years in 1-A and he could never put a single trophy in the case; not even a region trophy, nothing,nada, zilch. He then went to Laurens for 6 years where he only had one winning season. I don’t know how the Greenwood folks think he will win championships there, he won’t.
Owings will never win anywhere unless someone on staff does it for him. He has been here for 3 years and he has won 11 games with his best win against 3 win Ware Shoals. 3 of his wins have come against teams that only won 2 games, 5 of his wins came against teams that only won 1 game and 1 of his wins is against a team that had zero wins. He should do the right thing for the kids and step down but instead he has loaded the schedule with no win teams to cover his own self. We will probably win 7 games this year, all against nobodys. It’s really sad.

teacher
No Team Affiliation

Post by teacher »

greenjewel wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:15 am
Also to teacher from my co-worker - Liner was well liked at 96 and treated very well. Nobody hated him. He was here for 6 years with 4 of those years in 1-A and he could never put a single trophy in the case; not even a region trophy, nothing,nada, zilch. He then went to Laurens for 6 years where he only had one winning season. I don’t know how the Greenwood folks think he will win championships there, he won’t.
Owings will never win anywhere unless someone on staff does it for him. He has been here for 3 years and he has won 11 games with his best win against 3 win Ware Shoals. 3 of his wins have come against teams that only won 2 games, 5 of his wins came against teams that only won 1 game and 1 of his wins is against a team that had zero wins. He should do the right thing for the kids and step down but instead he has loaded the schedule with no win teams to cover his own self. We will probably win 7 games this year, all against nobodys. It’s really sad.
Are you coming up from Lexington county to pick your 96 co-worker up and go watch 96 or are you 2 to going to Greenviille and watch Emerald.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

teacher wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:34 pm
greenjewel wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:15 am
Are you coming up from Lexington county to pick your 96 co-worker up and go watch 96 or are you 2 to going to Greenviille and watch Emerald.
Not in Lexington and I have to work tonight. You say there was someone in the past that was saying that the 96 football program was headed for complete disaster and destruction due to political hiring of the coaches. Well guess what? They were 100% right. You are right where they said you were heading, to a place where you can't beat your own butt. Congrats, you made it. So Stop Trolling.

teacher
No Team Affiliation

Post by teacher »

You say 96 will win 7 this year so that will put Owens with more wins in 4years than your magic coach had at Aiken in 4 years.you would think a magic coach could do better than that.do you think he just did not have the athletes or just lost the old magic.

greenjewel
Ninety Six Wildcats

Post by greenjewel »

teacher wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:07 pm
You say 96 will win 7 this year so that will put Owens with more wins in 4years than your magic coach had at Aiken in 4 years.you would think a magic coach could do better than that.do you think he just did not have the athletes or just lost the old magic.
Ain't no magic in Aiken - https://ghsfha.org/w/Special:SCHSFHS/sc ... ords/Aiken